Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 717

Thread: VTECFRED 500+HP Build

Feedback Score

Re: VTECFRED 500+HP Build

FT means flat top which is what you want for boost. They are close to 10:1 but I went with a thin head gasket so the CP tech dude said I would be around 10.5:1
    Just make sure they are forged. Weisco vs JE vs CP I couldn't say one was better than the other. All three are used in high horsepower applications and all have proven performance. The coatings you can get with them is another story. I didn't get the ones with a coating.

As for rods. Depends on your power goals. I like rods that are shotpeened and forged. I went with blueprint racing H beam rods. They have proven to be worthy. My last dyno was 570+hp and I was spinning on the dyno.

I hope that helps

Sent using my Galaxy S3

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECFRED View Post
    FT means flat top which is what you want for boost. They are close to 10:1 but I went with a thin head gasket so the CP tech dude said I would be around 10.5:1
    Just make sure they are forged. Weisco vs JE vs CP I couldn't say one was better than the other. All three are used in high horsepower applications and all have proven performance. The coatings you can get with them is another story. I didn't get the ones with a coating.

It seems most quality rods, even h beams, are shotpeened and forged.
    As for rods. Depends on your power goals. I like rods that are shotpeened and forged. I went with blueprint racing H beam rods. They have proven to be worthy. My last dyno was 570+hp and I was spinning on the dyno.

I hope that helps

Sent using my Galaxy S3
    Ya thanks for the input. I wonder why they put FT but don't also put the comp ratio :think: Why is flat top better for boost?

Feedback Score
    Well Flat top in general are lower compression. I don't know why CP just didn't list their compression ratio instead of listing it as FT

When I was doing my build I had to call and ask them what the compression ratio was on those pistons.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 717