Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuel Rail Discussion

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Fuel Rail Discussion

I figured this would be a good time to start a discussion about fuel rails. I'm trying to figure out the difference between using an aftermarket fuel rail and an oem fuel rail in terms of tuning. In my situation, both rails will use 1000cc FIC injectors and will be returnless. I need to figure out how to adapt a K-Tuned rail to my 06-11 Si without running a return line. IIRC, I need to use the oem fuel damper with my setup. Thanks in advance for your help.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Truthfully I would just not waste my time and keep the OEM if you aren't going to build a return line and need the burp valve.
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Yeah I'm with Spaz on this one .. unless it is for looks I would stick with the stock fuel rail, couldn't imagine there being any bump in performance or any tuning related issues.

One of Hybrid rails does have an input for the factory pulse dampener that you would need to run if your staying returnless.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's for looks. I want to swap it for the OEM rail but I want to make sure it works the way it should. No issues, no fuel starvation, etc. What would I need to make it work?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    It's for looks. I want to swap it for the OEM rail but I want to make sure it works the way it should. No issues, no fuel starvation, etc. What would I need to make it work?

You'd want a return line with a fuel pressure regulator built off boost verse one constant pressure setting This will lower your fuel injector duty cycle making them more efficient and keep a more even constant flow a fuel to them. As much as you don't want to run a fuel return line I will argue with you all day that if going turbo you will want to so you can run an Adjustable FPR based off of vacuum pressure and keep fuel flow constant/consistent and run more pressure to the injectors than the stock FPR can do.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    You'd want a return line with a fuel pressure regulator built off boost verse one constant pressure setting This will lower your fuel injector duty cycle making them more efficient and keep a more even constant flow a fuel to them. As much as you don't want to run a fuel return line I will argue with you all day that if going turbo you will want to so you can run an Adjustable FPR based off of vacuum pressure and keep fuel flow constant/consistent and run more pressure to the injectors than the stock FPR can do.
    I agree 100%, but the funds aren't there in the mean time. I plan to do it in the future, but in the mean time I'm stuck without one. So I need to run an adapter for the OEM damper, just need to figure it out.

My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    or... just leave the stock rail... paint it, polish it, do whatever and just save the new rail and start collecting the matching parts/accessories. Before i bought my HR I sanded down and painted my factory one and it looked a lot better
    Last edited by Spaz; 07-07-2012 at 05:16 PM.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    or... just leave the stock rail... paint it, polish it, do whatever and just save the new rail and start collecting the matching parts/accessories. Before i bought my HR I sanded down and painted my factory one and it looked a lot better
    Its really that big of a difference? I'd rather not show up.to Honda Day with a stock fuel rail, but ill see what I can do. Wanna PM me a mini write up on how to tuck the wires that sit in that plastic case on top of the oem rail?

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Is it that big of a difference if you use the aftermarket rail without a return? As long as you have the OEM damper, you should really be fine. Especially if it's a rail just for a show.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Its really that big of a difference? I'd rather not show up.to Honda Day with a stock fuel rail, but ill see what I can do. Wanna PM me a mini write up on how to tuck the wires that sit in that plastic case on top of the oem rail?
    i did mine a bit in april, looks a ton better!! also tapped the bottom of the mani and ran the brakebooster and evap line there.

but it looks alot better on the RSX because of how the heater lines and upper radiaor housing run compared to the si

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast