Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stretched and Swapped Ruckus - Custom Fabbed

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: My Ruckus Build

Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Well, if you are going to be caught riding a scooter then the ruckus is definitely the coolest one out. I love the way they mod them all crazy but I have four bikes and the smallest is 1000cc. It must feel strange riding so low to the ground. I really would like to ride a tricked out one sometime. So many wheels, so little time...
    Yea man, I know that feeling. I went from a fully modded R1 to the Ruckus. Needless to say, the end of this post will make sense. Read on..
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    question is...when are you going to boost it? If I didn't have so many projects I would buy one. I asked my wife if she would ride one and I guess no was the answer. Women, I asked her five times to go out to the garage and get an adjustable wrench and Philips screwdriver and it was like talking a foreign language. I even gave her the nut to go match to the wrench and she brought me five wrenches and none of them fit then the last time one big wrench. Swear she was a blonde. lol Moral of story is, never send a woman to do a man's job.
    I originally wanted to, but it doesn't do anything realistically. Top speed is the same, realistically doesn't increase power enough to justify the amount you spend on it, basically it just decreases the life of your motor with nothing to show for. And that's if you do a 150cc GY6 swap.

So, obviously the jump from a modded 1000cc R1 to a 50cc Ruckus is about as big of a jump as you can imagine. But the Ruckus is so damn fun to ride that the tremendous power sacrifice is worth it. It's the modding and riding experience that gets you. With that said, I found a need for more power. Topping out at 42 prevents me from going on highways and parkways, which is a pain because you can't cruise with anyone but a 50cc Ruckus. So...

I have a brand new GY6 150cc motor on the way to replace the 50cc. That will need a new wire harness, new stator, fuel pump, ignition, motor mount, literally everything. So, I figured why not. Bought a full front-end upgrade last year in preparation for this upgrade. Two piston caliper and wave rotor disc brakes up front to replace the sub-par stock drum brakes, stainless lines, new levers and master cylinder, lowered shocks, the works. I'll be upgrading to a 12x4 front wheel, and a 12x8 rear wheel. Gonna be great. I'll make sure to keep you all updated throughout this process, my goal is to be finished by the end of June!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

My Ruckus Build

Dude, if I could get away with it I'd probably have one already but with four bikes,
    (money pit), soon to be boosted k20 (new money pit) I'm close to broke. ;-)

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Updated the first post with detailed info on my setup. Goal is to have this done by June 25th, test and tune then go on the NYC Ruckus Ride and Fresh Meet in NJ June 29th & 30th!!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Decided to go with a gray/black theme. I've never seen it done before, and I fell in love with the color for my front caliper (4 piston FTW). Thoughts?

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

My Ruckus Build

That looks very sharp! Liking it.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That looks great. Let's see this 150cc swap!

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Early morning wake up call! Ruckus teardown officially begins today. Going to take a bunch of pics today to keep track of things, so I'll keep you all updated.

No welding anything today, but the plan is a full teardown of the stock setup and assessment of the next couple weeks for planning the build and completion - step by step.

My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My Ruckus Build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Well, its only been about 3 hours total actually working on it. Here's where things are at right before lunch break:

Most everything is shaved off, and here the rear frame is resting on the mojo mount for viewing pleasure:

Front:

Food time!

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Are you doing a stretch?

s4 petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast