Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's 400whp budget build

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Well I set my boost cut to 8 psi and went out for a little drive to see what boost cut was like, because I had yet to hit it. I dataloged me hitting boost cut and took a look at it when I was done, and the car did the same thing as what it did yesterday during my third gear pull. Only difference being with the 8 psi boost cut as soon as it cut it would continuously cut over and over because I kept hitting 8 psi, whereas during the third gear pull it cut for just a moment because I barely hit peak boost and then after it was done cutting it continued to pull higher because boost started to drop. So when I went on my ride today with boost cut set to 18 psi I did a third gear pull and I did not hit boost cut and the car pulled just as it normal would, just slightly faster I looked at the datalog when I was done, and it appears I hit a max boost of around 17.5 psi, and afrs were on point the entire time. So, I'll be going to the track tonight with the race gas in the tank, unfortunately the tune is not complete, so I am not getting everything out of it that I can, at least I'll know it will be perfectly safe and I am making a little more power than the last time. Hopefully I can improve my times!
    That is a great way to check yourself, it would have taken me a while to figure that out. You tune the car yourself? I'm afraid to, I don't want to mess my motor up or anything else. Glad you fixed it though!

And yea, better be safe than sorry. You're still on race gas, so you'll get a better feel for everything. Enjoy and make sure to take videos and pics!!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No Vit tunes me, all I did was change boost cut ha! I have no clue how to really tune my car, I just know how to check the vitals. Vit sent me this cal so I know its safe, its also the first one for race gas so its not pushing it really crazy yet!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well my first pass tonight I pulled a 2.201 60ft and ran 13.256, mind you I hit the rev limiter in 2nd and boost cut in third so I think without that and some more seat time I can definitely break into the 12's!!! My second pass I was a pussy launching the car and ran 13.6. Nonetheless was a fun night. I saw a car run 7.XX at 120mph!! Thats a 5 second car!

Feedback Score
    Nice job! Congrats, you definitely will be able to dip into the mid to low 12's don't worry. With slicks and the right driver, 11's. And wait, how can it be a 7 second run at only 120mph unless the guy slowed down at the end..

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah he probably let off around the 1/8 mile maybe even before that. This car was a full out drag car. Ran a 1.03 60 ft.

And thank you! Plan on getting slicks for next summer.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys,

Anytime you hit a IPW of 0ms, there is a good change its an ECU related fuel cut. In your case it was boost cut, but the same symptoms present for Rev Limit cuts and Launch Control cuts. The ECU will cut fuel, but never spark. This presents backfiring or fuel build up in the cylinders during the cut. There is no risk associated with the IPW going to 0ms as a fuel cut, its when IPW goes to 5ms when it should be 15ms, that its an issue (running lean).

Hope that helps

Steve

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Cool thanks for the input.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    even with bad runs I always had fun going to the track. Some slicks will definitely change the game for you!
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I always enjoy it. I was very happy with the first run, just a little mad at myself for being a pussy on the second.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    First post updated with race gas e-dyno!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast