Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's 400whp budget build

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, glad you got it fixed. Typically when those issues happen there are 6 things to check.

1) Car Battery - Make sure voltage is up
    2) Ground - Make sure the grounding cable is good, you can check by turning on the defrost with the ignition on, see what happens to other accessories.
    3) ODBII Connector - These are starting to wear out in well used tuning vehicles. Loose connections cause bad flashes, Hondata has a thread on this somewhere.

With the Cal:

4) Accessories, like VSA, Secondary O2 etc, make sure are setup properly.
    5) ROM Base - Different years require different base ROMs, ie 06 different then 07+. It could also be an AFM/MAP issue, different base ROM's again.
    6) Bad Flash - Sometimes Flashes go bad, and then the ECU has trouble accepting a new flash as you found out. A total system reset followed by new flash seems to cure it, thanks Honda for engineering ECU recovery mode, better then a dual BIOS PC board

Hope that helps,

Steve

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the info! I think your post should be stickied.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Picked up the car this morning!!! Everything about the install is good car runs perfectly fine, however I cannot boost it yet as per Vit. So need to get some datalogs and get them out to him. I will post some pics and vids when I can.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pulled the plugs today to double check the gap and you guys were right. I gapped them to ~.019 as best I could as Vit recommended .018-020. Unfortunately when I was putting things back together, one of my coil plug bolts decided to snap while I was tightening it, so now I have to get a tap to drill that out, and I won't be able to get a new bolt till Friday because I am going to the beech tomorrow. O well, there's always something....

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Damn man that always sucks. If its not one thing, it's another.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Pulled the plugs today to double check the gap and you guys were right. I gapped them to ~.019 as best I could as Vit recommended .018-020. Unfortunately when I was putting things back together, one of my coil plug bolts decided to snap while I was tightening it, so now I have to get a tap to drill that out, and I won't be able to get a new bolt till Friday because I am going to the beech tomorrow. O well, there's always something....
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Damn man that always sucks. If its not one thing, it's another.
    Glad you figured it out though! I would stay home from the beach to work on the car, but that's just me. You have to enjoy your life too! Just keep us updated

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea working a double today hopefully I'll have enough time between shifts to put everything back together. Got the replacement parts this morning.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's good, keep us updated. Can't wait to see this build all finished and running!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wasn't able to get any time into the car today. Plan on waking up early to replace the stud. Hope to have it finished before I go to work. I also plan to make some vids once the car is fully tuned!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Car is fixed and back on the road! Just waiting on a few acorn nuts so I can put my intake manifold cover back on.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast