Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast

Thread: aLmk's 400whp budget build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nothing is left. Its all at the shop. Still not finished though he ran into issues with the last pipe that goes to the throttle body because my SRT intercooler puts the piping in a different location and it causes it to hit the battery. Also, I understand the point of using a tubular manifold, but for my goals I'd rather save $1000.

Feedback Score
    There are always last minute issues, I hate them but it's a part of life. And as long as you know, that's what counts. Who is doing your tuning? E-Tunez?

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I was expecting issues to come up, and delays to happen because the shop I am working with is quite busy and its pretty much just a one man show. For tuning Vit will be taking care of me. I've had him tune my car in the past with just bolt ons and his track record is too good to beat! Especially for the price!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Yeah I was expecting issues to come up, and delays to happen because the shop I am working with is quite busy and its pretty much just a one man show. For tuning Vit will be taking care of me. I've had him tune my car in the past with just bolt ons and his track record is too good to beat! Especially for the price!
    Vit is the man, E-Tunez has their stuff down pat. He's my tuner, and I can definitely say I'm extremely happy. He sent me a new cal at 4:30am a day or two ago, he works his ass off! And yes, he definitely has a great track record, and the price is amazing too.

Or, as most say, just rolls his face across the keyboard and sends you the new cal.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haha yea he is always awake really late! Even accounting for the 3 hour time difference since he is west coast.

Feedback Score
    got my map at 330am lol. I wanna see vids of this car!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    He really is up late, and doing work! Business never sleeps I wanna see vids too! First boost run, post it! And the next, and the next, and the next! Don't forget the one after that too.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I will if I ever get this damn car back!!! Hoping tomorrow afternoon is the day. Had issue with IAT sensor (one that came with used kit was bad), and he has been looking for a sensor that is a screw in like mine and trying all kinds of old honda IATs. My dumbass didn't realize it was an AEM sensor till today so he should be able to get one tomorrow and finisher her up!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    I will if I ever get this damn car back!!! Hoping tomorrow afternoon is the day. Had issue with IAT sensor (one that came with used kit was bad), and he has been looking for a sensor that is a screw in like mine and trying all kinds of old honda IATs. My dumbass didn't realize it was an AEM sensor till today so he should be able to get one tomorrow and finisher her up!
    I know the feeling. But from my experiences, as much as you want the car back just make sure not to rush him/them. I did and it tuned out they didn't gap my spark plugs, they didn't install the coolant lines/fittings for my turbo, they put the gas tank cap (under the seat) on crooked and gas spewed everywhere when I went to fill up, my custom testpipe was bouncing off my H brace, the whole thing was a nightmare. That was a long time ago though.

Long story short - it'll be worth the wait!

My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah I understand. I actually am a little concerned about the plugs, because when I told him about gapping the plugs he said he had never really heard of anyone gapping iridium plugs because of there really small tip. I know you can use a traditional tool to do it, but I'm not sure how you're supposed to. He is also not the first person that has mentioned to me they haven't ever gapped iridium plugs. Any insight?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst ... 212 ... LastLast