Page 1 of 14 111 ... LastLast

Thread: new kseries manifold

Feedback Score

new kseries manifold

I would like to share a different manifold that no one has made yet for kseries yet. Jesse owner of JDL auto design designed and built this manifold. the manifold was made on eg chassis. the wastegate has priority as you can see in the pic below the collector is perfectly centered on the wastegate. Plenty of clearance for downpipe or uppipe.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    absolutely amazing design, no room for boost creep. I see bigger turbo's becoming of value very soon.

The AFH crew definitely needs to get their hands on one.

I love the fact the manifold was designed around the wastegate rather than being an after thought as seen by so many manifold fabricators.

Feedback Score
    are the runners equal length?

Feedback Score
    i would have to ask about that question rich lol

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a ridiculously smart idea and I'm very surprised no one has yet to think of that. Talk about industry leader!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    not trashing Kooch, this design is actually very similar to what was used in 80's f1 cars, this is the way manifolds should be designed. unfortunately, there are too many companies who think because they can weld, they are manifold designers, which simply is not the case.

I also like the way it angles the turbo, you can feed the cold side from behind the fender, and the turbo outlet would require no extreme bends for feeding a w2a ic

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbsjnh View Post
    not trashing Kooch, this design is actually very similar to what was used in 80's f1 cars, this is the way manifolds should be designed. unfortunately, there are too many companies who think because they can weld, they are manifold designers, which simply is not the case.

I also like the way it angles the turbo, you can feed the cold side from behind the fender, and the turbo outlet would require no extreme bends for feeding a w2a ic
    yes rich you are correct and thats actually what jesse told me about where he got the idea from. plus he wanted something different when we told him to make a new turbo kit for the 4 door we rebuilding

Feedback Score
    The beauty of it is you can truly control boost without an oversized wastegate. These new bohemeth Wg's on the market may reduce creep, but by nature the larger the valve the less sensitive in nature. You should be able to hold any psi you want with no fear of creep.

It should also make insane top end.

Is there a ball part price.

Ryan needs this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbsjnh View Post
    The beauty of it is you can truly control boost without an oversized wastegate. These new bohemeth Wg's on the market may reduce creep, but by nature the larger the valve the less sensitive in nature. You should be able to hold any psi you want with no fear of creep.

It should also make insane top end.

Is there a ball part price.

Ryan needs this.
    boost king rich :worship: lol no set price yet

ryan needs some teaching from u rich <3

Feedback Score
    I saw this on another forum, posting here for the people who dont post there.

if anyone wants it removed just ask

imho very good info.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rob

Funny story. Ken Peak of Peakboost (the now defunct company that still owes tens of thousands of dollars in products to countless customers) held a "free tuning day" at a shop a couple years back to prove me wrong, and "fix" a bunch of cars with his junk manifolds.

The outcome? Nothing changed. The cars that came in with creep, left with creep, and nothing was resolved.

Moral of the story? Buy a manifold with a proper wastegate entry, and never have to come up with creative ways to control boost pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Rob
    It has everything to do with entry angle from the collector and laminar flow of exhaust gas against the outside of the tubing. The wastegate entry on that manifold is EXACTLY the same as the old Peakboost junk; backwards to flow. Combine that with a decent sized turbo, and you've got a recipe for creep (unless you plan on running real high pressure all the time).

Exhaust gases take the path of least resistance, even when exhaust pressure exists pre-turbine. In the case of today's super-efficient exhaust wheel technology, combined with a high-flow cylinder head that's moving a lot of air, proper FLOW to the gate is what's going to help the most in terms of boost control.

Here's a crude paint drawing of exhaust flow inside two different manifolds. One having an against-flow entry, and "one going with the grain."

I know it isn't the most technical drawing, but you get the idea.

I have tuned countless amount of turbocharged K-Series, and have a pretty good idea of what manifolds work, and which ones falter.
    Quote Originally Posted by jones83
    that's not true at all. from everything that I have been taught about wastegate placement this is the correct way it should be.

would never happen on k swapped due to the space problem I suppose so the better alternative would be something like this

Last edited by Rbsjnh; 05-07-2012 at 10:10 PM.

Page 1 of 14 111 ... LastLast