Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread: MUST HAVE FOR BOOST - DENSO IK22 Spark plugs

Feedback Score
    Interesting. I've been running the NGK BKR9EIX's for a couple years & never gapped them. I assumed that for boost levels between 12-15 psi, the factory gap was good. Should I regap my next set of plugs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1JZ_Type-S View Post
    Interesting. I've been running the NGK BKR9EIX's for a couple years & never gapped them. I assumed that for boost levels between 12-15 psi, the factory gap was good. Should I regap my next set of plugs?
    I read somewhere either on here or k20a. They say .028-.030 low boost settings and .022-.025 high boost. I running it at .025 at like 14psi right now and its fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    I read somewhere either on here or k20a. They say .028-.030 low boost settings and .022-.025 high boost. I running it at .025 at like 14psi right now and its fine.
    Hmm....Thats the thing though. I'm not sure where I fall @13psi. For stock internals, I know its on the high side but ignoring that fact, 13psi isn't really much. I guess I'll just gap my next set to .025 like you & see what happens

Feedback Score
    Hmm....Thats the thing though. I'm not sure where I fall @13psi. For stock internals, I know its on the high side but ignoring that fact, 13psi isn't really much. I guess I'll just gap my next set to .025 like you & see what happens
    With higher boost the spark gets blown out hence the reason for the tighter gap .I run mine at .022
    You and that bubble ain't nothin but trouble

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would suggest gapping them down a bit. It will help prevent it from breaking up at high rpm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3