Thread: Desicions on helping with turbo build

Feedback Score

Desicions on helping with turbo build

Hey guys I got refer to this site from 8th gen civic maybe you guys can help piece together my turbo.Im saving up right now and wanna spend at least 3k to 4k? Been looking at different build threads on the 8th and on heree and so far came up with this setup. Precision Pt 5857 bb, LHT log manifold, full race charge pipes i know i need a down pipe, dump tube, oil return kit yeah i know i missing quite a few things lol. But what do you guys think of this setup? any suggestions and help will be very grateful!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would stay away from a log manifold at all means possible, and that 5857 won't fit IIRC. Log manifolds have poor flow and increase heat by a lot when compared to tubular manifolds. Only benefit of a log is that they're cheaper, but that's expected. 5857 is a promising turbo without a doubt, make a full list of parts and we'll tell you how it looks! Also, post a pic of your car

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    here's a pic!

Feedback Score
    Yeah I was reading that log style manifolds don't produce as much HP as well. Looking at the the Full race manifold looks really good might get that! So a Percision 5857 won't fit on a FR manifold also? Still new to this turbo game lolol so ill have to get a down pipe dump tube. Probably use the same intercooler your using on ur car Si Speed full race pipes wanna keep my battery where it is so I don't wanna relocated it.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I'm not as familiar with the 8th gen as the RSX sorry... but I agree stay away from any log manifold.

I have seen some super sick top mount kits for the 8th gen...
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Definitely stick with a tubular mani, have you figured out anything else you want? The new 400lph in-tank walbro pump is pretty awesome..

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any updates on the status of your Si?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build