Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: I made it in the 12's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    My Si would never hook like that on street tires. Drag radials nicely warmed up work very well though. What's your goal for your next time at the track?
    ya the dws tires did good. but i really had to work the throttle to keep traction. my goal on the 27th at zmax dragway is to beat up on all the v8 guys, haha

Feedback Score
    thanks for all the positive feedback. im really stoked about getting in the 12's. i kept running 13.0-13.1 all nite. i had to make adjustments to crack 12's. i did my baseline run and then made some changes on my launch along the way. once i dialed in my launch my runs were getting faster and faster. i started out launching at 4200 and it was spinning too much.

i changed it to 3500 and that seemed to be the sweet spot. dumping the clutch didnt work so well because it caused massive spin and no matter how much i modulated the gas, it wouldnt hook. although even spinning as much as i did i was still cracking 2.2 60'. i seemed to get my best 60' with slipping the clutch fast. i ran at 30 psi.

in the beginning on my first few runs i was tapping the limiter in 4th right before the finish line. i didnt really have enough room left to get into 5th without crossing the line with the clutch pressed. so i was telling myself i needed to get traction off the line so i could hit 5th and get another 1 mph out. i started to dial in my launch and i finally got it to where i could hit 5th right before the line. the factory gearing is really short in these cars and i think 4th def needs to be extended.

the biggest adjustment i made was how i hit 2nd gear. it would spin more into 2nd than in 1st. i had to play with it a good bit to see where i would have to backpedal 2nd to get traction. if i backpedaled too late in 2nd it cost me. if i backpedaled too early in 2nd it cost me. i had to find just the right amount of spin to use as good pull then backpedal and then i was able to shave .2 of a second off my time. once i was dialed in my last 2 runs were 12.89 and then 12.81.

heres the slips

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisFA5 View Post
    Nice run. I sniffed around on that YouTube account does your buddy that ran a 12.69 have the aftercooler too?
    ya. he also ran on drag radials and a gutted interior and race gas. he did really well. i was def surprised. i was tempted to put the radials on me and see what i could run.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For gearing I would look into a different final drive. Mine factory is a 4.7fd I installed a 4.3fd. Just using that I can mph from 114(4.7fd) to127(4.3fd) in 4th gear. I was having to shift to 5th gear in my runs also. But seems like you have it under control. Awesome job. Learning and actually "DRIVING" the car is what it's all about.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    i figure if 1st-4th were taller it would cut down on the spin. now its a matter of finding the right gearsets that are oem honda. my buddy that has the 4.3fd still spins a lot so i want taller gears.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ep3 5 speed call it a day?
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2