Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Willis' FA5 M90/JRSC Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    From a performance aspect, all setups should have stiffer-than-stock motor mounts. This allows the engine to move less (or not at all), which results in less wheel-hop and, typically, better traction.

That and even with my 'stiffy' my header is hitting the underside of my car on hard shifts. I can avoid it mostly, but it will end badly if you add more power into the mix.
    Last edited by WillisFA5; 04-10-2012 at 01:51 PM.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillisFA5 View Post
    That and even with my 'stiffy' my header is hitting the underside of my car on hard shifts. I can avoid it mostly, but it will end badly if you add more power into the mix.
    The reason that happens is because the 'stiffy' torque damper simply replaces one mount and makes it a solid mount, leaving the remaining mounts OEM. This will put more stress on the remaining mounts, specifically the front mount and tranny mount, wearing out the rubber faster. Works for a little while though.

Quote Originally Posted by WillisFA5 View Post
    The adapter plate and all the bolts that were also listed as backorder came in 3days. still waiting on the manifold and I think they are working on getting a new site up so I'm not sure if they are updating the stock status at the moment.
    I love when things come in faster than expected! Congrats

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    If my Merc Racing aftercooler comes early I may just die from excitement. lol

Feedback Score
    So I just found out that some people have already been waiting 2 months for the JRSC Merc Racing aftercooler. Definately makes me a sad panda...... Looking like it may be a long time before this project gets going. So I think I may start buying other good supporting mods. Any suggestions? My first thing to add I think is the S2 Throttlebody, and maybe dropping my Eibach Pro-kit for some coils. I've even tossed around the idea of going with the Twin Screw vs M90......

Feedback Score
    IF you want a nice TB why not go with the OEM TL one. Its an 80mm

Feedback Score
    Do you know the Honda/Acura part number?

Feedback Score
    Moss said the intake manifolds will be in on the 27th. Can't wait!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Twin screw would be a game changer! Do it!!!!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I'm waiting to hear back from Jose on his pricing from his page. His first email he sent me was super confusing. The parts list on the page clearly says it includes the manifold and bypass for that $4,800. He emailed me and said I need the manifold but wasn't clear on what you actually get for that. It also shows a heat exchanger, pump, and remote fill. I was hoping for $4,800 it would include all of that. Seems like big chunk for JUST a blower and adapter............

Feedback Score
    SCORE!

Nathen,

Everything needed to install is included on the price, including pre-assembly of the blower and bypass configuration to the manifold. Pretty much ready to bolt on to your car. You only need to buy a belt that will match your car.

If you already have parts lets me know which ones so that we can adjust accordingly.

Jose

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast