Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2nd build..JOTECH goodness inside

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    thats where i work. furlong motor cars. the owner is a older dude who got started in california, he was a b swap pioneer. he moved to KY after buying a few lifts off a honda dealer and opened a little shop. we actually work on BMWS more than anything else but occasionally a honda will show up with some work done.

that particular red Si has the stock b16a2 with 11.5:1 pistons and new stock rods/ bottom end EVERYTHING. skunk2 "stage 2" cams....PNP/valve job/springs/valves the works. custom race header BLAH BLAH.. Assembled by me. its awaiting some spray!

Dont ask why the stock rods were used because i cant tell you.. ran out of money i guess.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Since a review of a business (or businesses) you dealt with during your build are on topic, they may create thread clutter, as well as off topic chat. They will also be difficult for other users to find. I decided, at the request of several members, to create a Business Review sub-forum. Make sure to read the rules before posting, and abide by them.

http://www.boostedk20.com/forums/for...siness-Reviews

Feedback Score
    Whats the deal with this car when can i go for a test drive !! hahahaa

Feedback Score
    Keep us updated Matt!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    Keep us updated Matt!
    X2 more updates

Feedback Score
    had to pull the trans back out. gotta check out a problem with 1st gear synchro.

hopefully it will be back together by the end of the day tm.

on another note, i was driving the Z and got SMOKED by a modded 06 mustang GT..

times like that make me miss my Si.

Feedback Score
    car runs good, i like the wavetrac alot and i would suggest anyone with a k get one.

on another note, to make a very long story short, i asked my friend to disconnect my battery and so he did, but when he closed my battery box ( relocated battery to trunk) it pressed the neg cable onto the battery, so i go hacking away into my wiring harness to clean some things up well i go and cut the AFM plug off thinking the battery is unplugged and it shorted out on my clippers... I rewired everything together sloppy to check and see what got f*cked because i knew something would be, and the ELD (electronic load detector) code p1298 tripped along with the Camshaft position bank 1 malfunction code.

the ELD failing causes diffrent problems on diffrent models but only honda uses a "ELD" other brands use similar devices, on the 8th gen it prevents the alt from charging the battery, so i started looking for the ELD, its in the fuse box but underneath it and requires complete teardown of the fuse box.

its 2.10$.. but the labor on it at a shop would for sure be 100+$

SOOOO if anyone with an 8th gen shorts there car out somewhere and you get the ELD code which is P1298 pm and ill help you out.

on the cheap autozone scanners or any cheap OBD scanner it says "manf. fuel air metering malfuction" but on flashpro and snap-on scan tools its actually brings up the real code which is the ELD

Feedback Score
    wow sounds like a pain in the ass

Feedback Score
    running good.

thinking of some cams soon, after watching the skunk2 vids on installing the cams im no longer concerned about doing some cams...

i was thinking atleast 2 days down since id have to do it at work inbetween jobs, but skunk2 found a way to do it in 15 mins.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast