Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2nd build..JOTECH goodness inside

Feedback Score
    I'll be doing an update 2night. I have some really cool stuff to show u guys and some interesting ideas that should make for good debate.

Feedback Score
    So i have a pretty cool idea for a fuel system.

i plan on using race gas and i do not like the idea of having to drain and refill when switching from race gas to pump gas.

so in order to get around all of that, im going to be using a 5 gallon fuel cell with 2 bosch044 fuel pumps for race gas use.

so here is how it will work.. there will be a fuel solenoid on the factory feed line and a fuel solenoid on the race gas line coming from the fuel cell... obviously there will be 2 switches 1 for each fuel system, there will be an arming switch for the fuel pumps and solenoid on the race gas system.

as for the return line.. there will be a return line going back to the fuel cell also governed by a fuel solenoid.

As i am sure that anyone who knows about fuel solenoids there are some that can stay open for an extended period of time and those that will burn out if they are open for more than a minute or so. i will be using custom made heavy duty plunger type solenoids.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fg2onboost View Post
    So i have a pretty cool idea for a fuel system.

i plan on using race gas and i do not like the idea of having to drain and refill when switching from race gas to pump gas.

so in order to get around all of that, im going to be using a 5 gallon fuel cell with 2 bosch044 fuel pumps for race gas use.

so here is how it will work.. there will be a fuel solenoid on the factory feed line and a fuel solenoid on the race gas line coming from the fuel cell... obviously there will be 2 switches 1 for each fuel system, there will be an arming switch for the fuel pumps and solenoid on the race gas system.

as for the return line.. there will be a return line going back to the fuel cell also governed by a fuel solenoid.

As i am sure that anyone who knows about fuel solenoids there are some that can stay open for an extended period of time and those that will burn out if they are open for more than a minute or so. i will be using custom made heavy duty plunger type solenoids.
    Just to clarify, you won't have both tanks with gas in them at the same time, right? That's a decent amount of extra weight in the rear. If so, think about stiffer rear springs. Other than that, sounds like a good idea! Pics if you can

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I'll just be using the fuel cell for 2 gallons at a time.

I'll get pics when I get it all together

Feedback Score
    got the car running...

i ordered a precision 6265 from jotech, after waiting a few months with no word of shipment.. no tracking number.. no nothing nothing nothing!!never got the damn thing!!(all precisions fault)... and precision has yet to send my 950 bucks back to me with 2.5 weeks on the clock.

my old downpipe doesnt fit very well at all (crammed against the exhaust well) .. but ive drove the car for a week or so.. on 6psi its pretty nice the 30r spools very nice and still has a hefty top end.

the car is at roberts imports in louisville KY right now have a new downpipe made and some new intercooler pipes... after that im gunna see how far i can get on pump gas.

so obviously my whole goal of making a 10sec stock motor 8th gen street/drag car are pretty much done with... my buddy took me to some track days at some track in surrounding areas and i pretty much got hooked... not really worried about drag racing anymore lol.

ive got some pics.. ill post them sometime.

Feedback Score
    pics!!!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Niiice! Was wondering where you went, welcome back Post pics son!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

Ive been DDing the car since early july..runs nice no problems. im only running 12psi right now but id like to see what it will do on 16 once it cools down a bit.

added a hybrid racing oil cap and a hybrid racing radiator hose kit. Next thing id like to do is finally get some nice wheels, i keep on not doing that lol

Feedback Score
    Dam I haven't heard from u in forever lol glad to see the car running. And how does the car compare to that Evo u had for a bit?

And why'd u get banned off of 8th?? Lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fre$h si View Post
    Dam I haven't heard from u in forever lol glad to see the car running. And how does the car compare to that Evo u had for a bit?

And why'd u get banned off of 8th?? Lol
    that evo was a ****ing mess and i HATED the interior.. im kind of a weird dude like little things just bother me to death and the inside of that car just started ****ing with my head.

so i love my 8th gen its plenty fast and it handles like a beast and they look so damn clean. i got banned from 8th because......

IMPORTdps made a thread in the supercharged section about the c38 rotrex 8th gen that dropped off the face of the earth made 350WHP!!! BEFORE THE LOW CAM!! (before vtec) which is mass BS.. they kept PMing me and hating and shit so i started shit back with them and i got perma banned for it.

as for my car, today i was headed to the drag strip to watch some buddies with EVOs run and my car started spewing oil out from under it.. knew it wasnt the engine so i was like DAMN there must be a hole in the transmission so i turned around and drove the the shop and threw it up on the lift and the axle seal was the cause of the leak so i pulled the axle. Turns out the donut that bolts to the block that is part of axle was ****ing broke in half and the transmission has been whining alot latley so ive been waiting for it to shread a gear well it looks like the LSD is done for so on monday (my day off) im gunna drop the transmission and get it ready for some new gears and synchros and a new LSD along with a new clutch.

other than that it runs awesome.. nice and smooth with great power all over.

i was used to the lag of the journal bearing 6076 which didnt even start to spool till 4000rpms.. my 30r is already starting to tear face at 4000rpms.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast