Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Tires for FWD Boosted Setups

Feedback Score
    I'm running the stock MIchelin Pilot Sport tires. Not good if your looking for traction from 1st-4th, lol. In all seriousness. great thread, ive been looking for a good tire review for boosted Honda's. Where did you find your prices? I wonder if that would include shipping. Prices would probably double if I was to buy a tire here in Canada.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Prices for all tires, other than Nitto, were from TireRack.com. I'm pretty sure you can get them in Canada for not that bad of a price. I believe all Nitto tire prices were taken off discounttiredirect.com

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Has anyone used the rs-3's in cold winter weather? Less than 40*?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ I did some reviews online, they're literally 'useless' in temps ≤40

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    The Re 11s are not for winter driving but they are perfect for me as I usually pull the car apart every winter anyway .I ran these last year in my eg hatch at 585 hp and 414 trq they held the pavement better than any tire I have ever owned .They are still in great condition and have plenty of life left .I put about 3000 miles on them so far and street drive the car often on race gas haha just dont feel like draining it all the time .I will be buying Bridgestone Potenzas re 11 s again when needed !! this year I am gonna ask my tuner to keep me around 550 hp on the pump gas tune as last year when making big pulls on street tires traction would get a little light at around 120 or so and the car would begin to float a bit / lose traction very slightly up front I just had to feather the pedal a little up top .I was at 585 hp and 414 trq on q 16 so I fiqure I'll try for 550 and see if it keeps it from floating on street tires up top .Its not an issue on race gas and slicks just an issue on street tires .I'm hoping to join the 700+ club this season on vp import and a newly built engine and head !
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 03-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Feedback Score

Re: Best Tires for FWD Boosted Setups

This is the forum! Thanks so much for sharing. I need to look at all of these posts before I ask questions that have been asked before! Thanks again.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    This is the forum! Thanks so much for sharing. I need to look at all of these posts before I ask questions that have been asked before! Thanks again.
    It's all good, it happens. No one's perfect! We are doing our best to post as much informational threads as possible, so if you have info/personal experience to add to this thread or would like to make your own informational thread to contribute to the community, please do so!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SAX JONZ View Post
    Agreed, definitely very useful!

Feedback Score

Best Tires for FWD Boosted Setups

Is there anyone running stock sized rims and big HP? Not sure if I'm crazy about running camber to get my rims to fit inside wheel wells.

Feedback Score
    I do carry some of these brands if yall need them. I also found these for you track guys.

Hankook Z214 Road Racing C51
    Symmetrically designed semi-slick tire with tread with longitudinal tread grooves for outstanding performance on the circuit in dry or damp conditions. (road legal with DOT number)

Heat Cycling
    Competition tires are built with a highly sophisticated tread compound. This compound is capable of sustaining traction throughout a much wider temperature range, but is also extremely sensitive to the first heat cycle of its use. During this cycle the tread compound stretches as it heats.

The Discount Tire heat cycling system ensures consistent results by maintaining key conditions during the heat cycle process. The system generates uniform heating and progressive temperature build up throughout the tread. The benefit of this process is a tread compound that lasts longer and provides better traction. All competition tire manufacturers recommend a heat cycling service. Have your competition tires heat cycled today and be race ready!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast