Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Tire Opinions for 17x9 +22 - RSX

Feedback Score

Tire Opinions for 17x9 +22 - RSX

Making my first thread on here woo!

2002 RSX - ~350HP

Purchased some 17x9 +22 RPF1's and now I'm tire shopping.

Tires in mind:

235/40/17 Nitto NT05

245/40/17 Nitto INVO's

What do you guys recommend? No I will not buy 215's... I want to have some bit of traction. I'd love 245's but I like the NT05's better but they don't come in that size. I have ran Nitto's for the last two years and recently purchased Nitto dune grapplers for my truck and love them!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been a fan of nitto's for a long time. I'm currently using the NT555R drag radials as my track tire setup - they're AMAZING. Between the two you are choosing, I would go with the NT05's. Even though they are a bit narrower, they are definitely a more aggressive tire. I looked up reviews on both, and it seems the NT05's are a better choice for a FWD boosted setup.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I'm going to run a 255

A 245 is the perfect size for a 9" wide. I'm running a 235 on my 9" currently and it has a small mild stretch but I am keeping a 235 in the rear so it won't rub with a -3 camber. In the front to keep close to no camber we pulled the fenders and to help accomidate the new bigger tires

The 235 NT05 will be a good tire. But you will need some good camber in the front with a +22 so maybe get the 245s for more rubber to the ground

Feedback Score
    I think I'm sold on the 235 NT05's all around. That I can rotate them if I need too so they will last me a little while. And I'm not a huge fan of extreme camber I will raise my coilovers up a bit if I need too. Thanks for the input guys!

I'd love 255's BUT I would want to build custom fenders first, possibly a project for next winter?

Feedback Score
    I feel like I'm the only one of this site that has my age posted LOL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelTaylor View Post
    I think I'm sold on the 235 NT05's all around. That I can rotate them if I need too so they will last me a little while. And I'm not a huge fan of extreme camber I will raise my coilovers up a bit if I need too. Thanks for the input guys!

I'd love 255's BUT I would want to build custom fenders first, possibly a project for next winter?
    I would've gotten +35 if I was you. +22 is gonna stick out the side a good amount, and you won't be able to run oem camber up front without the wheels sticking out the side. If you run oem camber, then you can definitely pull off the nt05's. Si Speed 317 just made a thread on tires if you wanna check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by AxelTaylor View Post
    I feel like I'm the only one of this site that has my age posted LOL
    Yea, no one really posted their age for some reason. Posted Age Crew member #1

Feedback Score
    A lot of people make assumption based on age, something that I'm not very big on. Therefore I don't usually advertise my age.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Yeah +22 is WAY aggressive... I wish I had gone with +35 instead of +25 but I pulled my fenders and now rock the shit out of these wheels... the rear is cambered more than I'd like and still rubs. . .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xander View Post
    A lot of people make assumption based on age, something that I'm not very big on. Therefore I don't usually advertise my age.
    Its all good. :idgaf: lol I'm not mommy/daddy funded. I'm in college and buy all my toys with my own money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Yeah +22 is WAY aggressive... I wish I had gone with +35 instead of +25 but I pulled my fenders and now rock the shit out of these wheels... the rear is cambered more than I'd like and still rubs. . .
    Oh well I got a pretty good deal on them. So your weds are 17x9 +25? 3mm isnt too far off of what I'm sitting on and You also have 245's so if I pull my fronts a bit and and go with the 235's I should be just fine.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast