Thread: ROTM November 2011 Winner: 06_typeS

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ROTM November 2011 Winner: 06_typeS

The BoostedK20 Staff would like to take this opportunity to thank all of those who serve their country. To those of you who put your lives on the line to protect all of us back home, we thank you. For this month's ROTM we have chosen Joey McEachem, known on the forums as 06_typeS. Joey is a Medic in the Canadian Forces. He is the proud owner of this beautiful Vivid Blue Pearl 2006 RSX Type-S.

Joey has a well-pieced together turbo kit on his DC5. In 2006, he traded in his Civic LX for this beauty with only 300 kms on it. A lot of his friends are in the modding scene, but not many are boosted. One day, after taking a ride in a boosted Tiburon, he was hooked.

This was just the start of a build that he never imagined. He started putting his kit together, piece by piece, for the remainder of the Spring, Summer, and Fall. Soon enough, he was ready to start tearing apart his ride with some friends and start building it for boost. It was a long process, but it was definitely well worth the struggle. Now, Joey has one of the nicest DC5's around!

Joey is from New Brunswick, Canada. He currently serves as a Medic in the Canadian Fources with a tour to Afghanistan. He’s also fortunate to be happily married to a very understanding and patient wife. Don't worry though, he isn’t finished with his build yet. He made himself a budget for his build and, crazy enough, he came in lower than his self-set budget. He plans to upgrade to stronger motor mounts, stickier tires, and, for sure, an LSD. The BoostedK20 Staff would like to thank you for your services, Joey!

Joey would like to thank the following people:

Luc "Combz" Comeau - Mad tuner and teacher during the build
    MagnEsium - Great eTuner
    Pierre Fontaine - Fabricator
    Phil Fontaine - Electronic guru
    Will Northrup - Small hands for tight places (that's what she said lol)
    Chad McGarity
    Brent Roy
    Melissa Rogers - Sadler extraordinaire
    Carol-Ann McEachern - Very understanding wife.
    And for anyone I'm forgetting, thanks for your help and contribution.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome article, congratulations Joey! Thank you for serving our country, you're appreciated by more people than you can imagine. And I'm glad the build turned out to be awesome, can't complain!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Congrats Joey!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    congrats

and the turbo filter looks cute

Feedback Score
    I just want to say thanks. It means alot to me to get car of the month. Ive really worked hard to get my car to where it is. As for the filter, I like to refer to it as the Belding special...
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX

Feedback Score
    Congrats on the Ride of the Month. Thanks for your service! Car is beautiful and if anyone knows how hard it is, we all do here. Your car is very clean and done right. Keep enjoying!!

Feedback Score
    Man I love an rsx blue is even better thats a beautiful car dude my buddy actually went to look at cars we drove several civic si s and several rsx s .I fell in love with the exact car you own .He ended up not wanting to get the rsx due to the price and ended up in an fiji blue 07 si its real nice too but I like the rsx better

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Turbo filter definitely is cute, to say the least lol. Makes it look like a toy because of the angle in the picture. Congrats again man

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    lol, thanks
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX