Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 428292102 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20 Chat!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Before another topic gets brought up, can someone (@adm_rsx, [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION], [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION], [MENTION=117]Bottled Morphine[/MENTION], etc) make an engine lube assembly type of thread in the engine section for future reference? Deserves to be a sticky too. Please let me know who wants to do the honors

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    Was thinking what would better to run on hotside of turbo .82 or .62? Both will spool to high rpms but the benfit of the faster dpool of .62.
    Yes I can vouche for that. Don't go smaller than an .82. I'm about to get a gt35 that has an exhaust housing of .9 something or might even be a 1.00. Can't recall off the top of my head. Trying to figure out my ecu problem before I start swapping turbos though.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorWeak View Post
    Thats my turbo set up. What fmic is that?
    It's a treadstone

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Before another topic gets brought up, can someone (@adm_rsx, [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION], [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION], [MENTION=117]Bottled Morphine[/MENTION], etc) make an engine lube assembly type of thread in the engine section for future reference? Deserves to be a sticky too. Please let me know who wants to do the honors
    Adam would have more experience than me in that department.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post
    Yes I can vouche for that. Don't go smaller than an .82. I'm about to get a gt35 that has an exhaust housing of .9 something or might even be a 1.00. Can't recall off the top of my head. Trying to figure out my ecu problem before I start swapping turbos though.
    Thanks man, much appreciated. The more we can help each other, the better.

And just a quick note, unless you're running a built motor and plan on tracking as a main, you shouldn't go higher than a .8x IMO. Gets to be a huge hot side and takes forever and a day or two to spool. (Says the guy with the GT42R with a 1.15 A/R hot side :self

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

And just a quick note, unless you're running a built motor and plan on tracking as a main, you shouldn't go higher than a .8x IMO. Gets to be a huge hot side and takes forever and a day or two to spool. (Says the guy with the GT42R with a 1.15 A/R hot side :self
    I forgot what my hotside is... Sounds like a fun ride though

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilwhit14 View Post

I agree with this completely. If you get a hotside to big it will just have a lazy spool. It does really depend on the turbo because a very appropriately sized turbo with a higher A/R will still spool well. I had a .64 on my 6262 and the spool was good for what it was. Still made 550+ and still wasn't seeing any restriction.

Feedback Score
    I run a 35r twin Scroll with a 1.06 hot side and it spools as good as my 30r did I am in love with the turbo .Ask anyone who has been in my car and they will vouch it has pretty well 0 lag and has no problem racing / beating supercharged K s from a dig .

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    I run a 35r twin Scroll with a 1.06 hot side and it spools as good as my 30r did I am in love with the turbo .Ask anyone who has been in my car and they will vouch it has pretty well 0 lag and has no problem racing / beating supercharged K s from a dig .
    I can vouch for that spool. Boss status. Ever since I saw your car dyno I've been in love.

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Thanks Adam I think the Twin scroll is the key to the quick spool and it makes for a tight fit in the eg bay . I don't think they make a twin scroll set up for the 8th gens and I'm not sure about the rsx chassis .I just did my first 4 th gear pull to red line last night on the new map / build and the car is feeling great it spools great down low but the top end is just

Page 92 of 106 FirstFirst ... 428292102 ... LastLast