Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51555105 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20 Chat!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    High 9's on stock trans is a hell of a goal!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    How bad is the whine and how long has it been doing it ? Mines had a 4 th gear whine a while but haha what do you expect .If I were you I'd consider pulling it apart and having a look at things or I often see 6 speed transmissions for sale for around 800-900 bucks on k20a .If your running the ep3 they are cheaper and better for boost . The stock ep3 I have been running since april and only paid 500 bucks for it and love it .I am gonna be building the engine soon and throwing down 700-800 hp and wonder if the stock trans is gonna hold it for long many people thought the stock ep3 would not last at my power level and it has handled it without a bit of problem .Now lets see how it holds up next year with more power I would love to hit a high 9 on a stock trans
    How did you get it for $500?! I would love to grab a 6-speed tranny, I have an 06 civic si coupe, I'm not sure what tranny's will fit with my k20z3 setup.. And the other part that scares me is that I have no knowledge on transmissions so I'm not sure what I'll be getting. And I realllllly don't want to find out the hard way What should be looked for in a used tranny?

Also, I doubt the tranny is gonna hold for 700-800whp down the track, but theres one way to find out!

Feedback Score
    HAHA trans ****ed up tonight oh well hopefully it didnt hurt the case as I only wanted this season out of it and it did awesome and dont owe me a dime .I already have a minty like new ep3 that I was gonna put in anyway for the new build and next seson so now its time to start the build I was actually on my last ride just messin around before I pull it apart and was doin a third gear pull and it went .I am probably still gonna try to hit that high 9 on a stock trans as the one I just messed up has hundreds of pulls at 500-600 hp and 360-414 trq

Feedback Score
    That's crazy, talk about a jinx! I'm just hoping mine doesn't turn out like that, I really need to start looking into transmissions

Feedback Score
    Haha yeah I was actually surprised when it happened as I have done pulls so many times .Although surprised it didn't matter really cause I've had so much fun with that trans I'd gladly pay another $500 for that much fun .I may look into heat treating some new oem gears as I realize a high 9 on a stock trans is a pretty big goal but it may still be one I attempt haha .I wasn't planning on running this trans next season anyway as I have another mint trans and knew the current trans was a time bomb waiting to go as it was getting a little noisy . I'm am just stoked it lasted till now as I thought it would have gone by now myself .
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 12-09-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    this sucks... i go out into the garage all motivated.. I start working on my bay but get bored quickly and quit lol

I wish I had friends who worked on cars nearby.....

Feedback Score
    Yeah not to many guys around here either a few of us but not to many real nice cars in this area as far as Imports

Feedback Score
    Haha yeah I was actually surprised when it happened as I have done pulls so many times .Although surprised it didn't matter really cause I've had so much fun with that trans I'd gladly pay another $500 for that much fun .I may look into heat treating some new oem gears as I realize a high 9 on a stock trans is a pretty big goal but it may still be one I attempt haha .I wasn't planning on running this trans next season anyway as I have another mint trans and knew the current trans was a time bomb waiting to go as it was getting a little noisy . I'm am just stoked it lasted till now as I thought it would have gone by now myself .
    You have to post what to look for in a trans and examples if you don't mind. I'm new to the tranny world (lmfao) and I don't know much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    this sucks... i go out into the garage all motivated.. I start working on my bay but get bored quickly and quit lol

I wish I had friends who worked on cars nearby.....
    I know the feeling. Although your bay situation is much different than any situation I've been in, it's just easier with friends. Not many people by me are good at stuff, but the shops around here blow. Garage installs FTW!
    Yeah not to many guys around here either a few of us but not to many real nice cars in this area as far as Imports
    Word, NY is packed with imports. But then again, there are a bunch of V8 people too.

Feedback Score
    I am by no means a transmission guru either lol I always like to make sure it shifts freely thru the gears by hand , no cracks in the casing , and just a general once over of all bolts , fasteners , sensors to make sure they are all there .Its always good to buy from someone you know or somebody who has a good seller reputation I have been known to contact people via im on forums to check on a sellers rep . The only true way would be to open the trans case but its unlikely that a seller is gonna let ya do that unless its a friend or something .I have two stock ep3 s that I have had all summer and had expected to use one prior to now but am glad I still have both .Oh and btw the 5 speed is better for boost than a 6 due to gear ratios as the 6 speed requires more shifting .I cross the traps at the top of 4 th gear in the 1/4 mile if I had the 6 speed I'd have to shift to 5 th causing loss of time .

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    got my brake booster delete kit in. wooot

Page 5 of 106 FirstFirst ... 51555105 ... LastLast