Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5455565105 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20 Chat!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BoostedK20 Chat!

[MENTION=2]Si Speed 317[/MENTION]

I like the option that you do a sidewinder. But your wanting to keep this one off manifold from SRT. So I assume you could just do a t3 flange to a 3" pipe to another t3 flange. That would be your best and easiest option. Pretty much like what's on the picture of that Si above.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    [MENTION=2]Si Speed 317[/MENTION]

I like the option that you do a sidewinder. But your wanting to keep this one off manifold from SRT. So I assume you could just do a t3 flange to a 3" pipe to another t3 flange. That would be your best and easiest option. Pretty much like what's on the picture of that Si above.
    But the flow doh. I need a new hotside for my turbo regardless, so I might as well go vbandage no?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BoostedK20 Chat!

Honestly the way I'm Envisioning this done is not going to restrict flow. Your simply relocating the turbo and shortening charge pipes which will reduce turbo lag. So in my eyes it is only going to benefit you. And you can get a vband hit side for your turbo and just have a vband welded to your 3" pipe coming off the manifold.

Like this....

Turbo manifold to t3 flange, t3 flange-3" adapter piping, 3"adapter piping to vband....to vband hot side of turbo.
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you could do it that way or t3 to t3. I don't think flow would be affected much at all. I'm sure they make flare out piping or w/e. Take a look at Vit's manifold on myvtecbroke.com. There is no reason you couldn't get a pipe like his but that is designed for a square flange on each end...

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: BoostedK20 Chat!

Honestly the way I'm Envisioning this done is not going to restrict flow. Your simply relocating the turbo and shortening charge pipes which will reduce turbo lag. So in my eyes it is only going to benefit you. And you can get a vband hit side for your turbo and just have a vband welded to your 3" pipe coming off the manifold.

Like this....

Turbo manifold to t3 flange, t3 flange-3" adapter piping, 3"adapter piping to vband....to vband hot side of turbo.
    I meant welding a 3" pipe straight to a t3 adapter, will that kill flow to the turbo? It would be T3 flange with 3" pipe welded to it, 90* to vband, and vband hitside of turbo. Simple as a pimple. But that flow, will it be ok?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

BoostedK20 Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Never thought of that actually. I don't want to impede flow though, that's very important. I'd need the pipe welded on the T3 flange to go from the 'rectangular' to circular flow. Make sense?

Woah, wait. Whos car is that? That's an Si

Trying to keep you participated haha

I'll get it custom welded, probably a v-band.

That's my car, were gonna see how this thing works, good thing is if it doesn't work out its no big deal we will make a new manifold !

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by My07si View Post
    That's my car, were gonna see how this thing works, good thing is if it doesn't work out its no big deal we will make a new manifold !
    What are you going to do with your EVAP and fuel line?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: BoostedK20 Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Evap would go under, probably fuel too depends on how low it is. If its low enough i'd just go over the top by the cowl and wrap it in gold foil for the heat protection, aside from the obvious ballerific look of gold ish in your bay.

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

BoostedK20 Chat!

Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    My guess is he's running an aftermarket fuel setup so he can route the feed and return around/under/out of the way of the manifold how he pleases.

I'm assuming evap would be deleted. At least mine was within a month of owning the car.
    Tire slayer

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My guess is he's running an aftermarket fuel setup so he can route the feed and return around/under/out of the way of the manifold how he pleases.

I'm assuming evap would be deleted. At least mine was within a month of owning the car.
    How do you pass inspection? I guess as long as no visual inspection is done you are ok?

Page 55 of 106 FirstFirst ... 5455565105 ... LastLast