Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41454104 ... LastLast

Thread: BoostedK20 Chat!

Feedback Score
    That's absolutely a great run, minus the red light

Spaz, do they only make slicks for smaller rims? I've never run them, only a set of 17" Drag Radials (NT555R's). But I always assumed that slicks were made for various rim sizes. I guess I'm wrong?

Feedback Score
    Once you run slicks you'll never run anything else I love them I ran drag radials and street tires on my old hatch it had a s/c gsr in it . I use to cut 2.3 , 2.2 , 2.0 lights at best in that car I hadnt a clue what I was doing even at the beginning of this year I use to cut 1.9 , 2.0 60 fts on the slicks .I think seat time along with a clutch that is now working properly is really starting to pay off for me at the track .I'm really really looking forward to next year I went out drivin the car around tonight burnin q16 on the street its just silly is the best way to put it people must think who was that ******* as I pass them haha cars been so much fun this year .I've had my issues but really love it and think I finally found love a lol

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    mark-im amazed at the power level your car makes and has had its share of abuse lol and it is still in one piece.

ps ive had a major issue with my iphone and need to get a new one so im very limited to as far as how often i can post until i get another one mid december.

hope you guys had a great thanksgiving and i like the idea of a chat thread. much better then a pm.

Feedback Score
    lol me to Adam me to I thought for sure I would have broken something by now although I had issues with the clutch and other minor things nothing actually broke .I am real happy about a season free of breaking things ! John from Absolute Pro Formance tuning speaks for itself and I am a very very meticulous about my car and its components .The two combined made for a good year

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Breaking things is a common thing in the boosted world, you're lucky to have kept everything in one piece!

Feedback Score
    Haha I know believe me I know I am fortunate I was sure I would have broken that trans by now I hear all the time anything over 400 is not good on a stock trans and also hear of people having issues stripping either second , third or fourth gears .I have made hundreds maybe more straight line pulls and thank god it continues to take it for now and its likely not gonna see to many more miles prior to tear down in a few weeks

Feedback Score
    My vid is posted in the best pass of the season thread

Feedback Score
    I love the vid! Crazy wheelie by the guy in the other lane, but you showed them what's up!!

New chat topic: I need to figure out what I'm doing for a new transmission. My first gear whines and I feel that, when the time comes for a new tranny, I'll be shit outta luck and broke. Definitely don't have the dough for an Albins or PPG setup..

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    awesome vid for sure

Feedback Score

trans

How bad is the whine and how long has it been doing it ? Mines had a 4 th gear whine a while but haha what do you expect .If I were you I'd consider pulling it apart and having a look at things or I often see 6 speed transmissions for sale for around 800-900 bucks on k20a .If your running the ep3 they are cheaper and better for boost . The stock ep3 I have been running since april and only paid 500 bucks for it and love it .I am gonna be building the engine soon and throwing down 700-800 hp and wonder if the stock trans is gonna hold it for long many people thought the stock ep3 would not last at my power level and it has handled it without a bit of problem .Now lets see how it holds up next year with more power I would love to hit a high 9 on a stock trans
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 12-08-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Page 4 of 106 FirstFirst ... 41454104 ... LastLast