Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: FlashPro 2-step?

Feedback Score

FlashPro 2-step?

Does FlashPro have a 2-step option? The stock rev limiter sounds pretty gay if you ask me. I know the 2-step/anti lag requires a built motor because of the extreme heat it generates, but I was hoping there was something for us stock-internal guys. Thanks in advance

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    While there could be heat/lean issues with the two step rev limiter on a turbo build, (depending on spool and other factors), its no issue at all for the NA guys. The FlashPro does support a launch control rev limit and also the high RPM limit, both are adjustable.

Hope that helps

Steve

Feedback Score
    I don't see an actual 2step in FlashPro though, just the launch control. I increased mine to 6500rpm, and it's sounds nice but I'm looking for a 2-step like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUzx3fAPabY

I'm pretty sure the RSX guys have it with K-Pro, so shouldn't FlashPro have it?

Feedback Score
    The Si ECU does support both a Launch Limit and a Rev Limit, and recovery RPM for both settings, but because the software for our ECU is a bit better then those, this is as close as you are going to get:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqEJG...eature=related

Something like the video you posted could be performed with an ignition based rev / launch limit. So ignition is pulled but not fuel, and then when ignition is restored the backfire will happen due to excess fuel.

You could also get the same affect by using the SD tables to run very rich rich at the cut off RPM only (11:1 @ say 6000 RPM), it would net the same result.

However both methods of inducing "backfiring" will eventually lead to exhaust manifold damage.

Hope that helps,

Steve

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sick! What negative affects will this have on the internals of a stock motor? Thinking of doing this myself..

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Its not great for the internals because the excess fuel scrubs the cylinder walls of lubrication, the same for the valve stems, also the sudden burst loading and cut off flexes the exhaust manifold physically, and thermally. Lastly any form of combustion taking place in the exhaust poses a risk of burning a valve.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but all the fun stuff is usually bad for you

Steve

Feedback Score
    Damn, sucks. I'd rather not sacrifice engine reliability for a cool sound. I'll leave it as is for now.

From Ohio but currently stationed in North Carolina
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You could get a Bee-r rev limiter...

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo3gulf View Post
    You could get a Bee-r rev limiter...
    Que pasa?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

From Ohio but currently stationed in North Carolina
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast