Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Yes n my knock went away
    Great thanks. I'll give that a try.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Adam is the cooling system bled out properly ? K series cooling systems are a pia especially if the system was completely empty .Did you jack the car up in the front as high as your jack will go ? Stick a funnel in the rad and allow it to run while monitoring the level in the funnel ? also helps if prior to beginning the process you pull the top hose and fill the block that with a temporary hose at the block fitting leaving the rad hose a little loose at the rad so you can turn it quickly and put it on the block fitting you spill a little coolant this way but it helps fill it .I had the same issues with overheating when I first did my swap and after ordering a new t stat for no reason and some searching I now have no issues bleeding out my cooling system anytime I have needed to .As far as the knock not really sure what to tell ya superchargers are noisy and will likely cause some knock don't most / a lot of tuners disable the knock sensor anyway especially on a s/c set up
    Last edited by vdubkilla; 10-07-2012 at 10:38 AM.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Adam is the cooling system bled out properly ? K series cooling systems are a pia especially if the system was completely empty .Did you jack the car up in the front as high as your jack will go ? Stick a funnel in the rad and allow it to run while monitoring the level in the funnel ? also helps if prior to beginning the process you pull the top hose and fill the block that with a temporary hose at the block fitting leaving the rad hose a little loose at the rad so you can turn it quickly and put it on the block fitting you spill a little coolant this way but it helps fill it .I had the same issues with overheating when I first did my swap and after ordering a new t stat for no reason and some searching I now have no issues bleeding out my cooling system anytime I have needed to .As far as the knock not really sure what to tell ya superchargers are noisy and will likely cause some knock don't most / a lot of tuners disable the knock sensor anyway especially on a s/c set up
    What's up mark. I had the radiator cap off still for those exact reasons. To allow the system to bleed out. Problem was my radiator was ice cold. As we're both coolant hoses. So I pulled the T stat out and did like you mentioned by pouring coolant into the head and block directly. But the car runs at 150-170 now. Don't even need the fan on anymore. Lol

As for the knock. The supercharger is not installed. It's all motor as of now. But seems like some tuning has helped it some. Still need to do a valve lash just in case.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Cool Adam glad you got thell I didn't even realize you were all motor this time guess I need to pay a lil more attention is evrything ok with the car now or ya still have any issues left to take care of ?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Cool Adam glad you got thell I didn't even realize you were all motor this time guess I need to pay a lil more attention is evrything ok with the car now or ya still have any issues left to take care of ?
    Yea man. Took the blower off to ensure this motor I picked up was a good sound enginep
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    nice man....

just wondering why not lower the comp to 9:1.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's an internally stock motor so I didn't want to break it open just yet.

And superchargers react well to higher compression.
    Tire slayer

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been tuning the car over the past few days but for some reason I can get the thing to idle down for shit. It idles about 1700-2k. It's freaking stupid and I can't quite figure out why.
    Tire slayer

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    But as I was tuning... a b16 hatch, a G35 6speed, and vette all wanted a shot at the rsx.

I raced the g35 first. Didn't have any issue pulling right off the jump.

Raced the hatch an that too I didn't have an issue with pulling.

The vette though, That posed a threat. 3rd gear roll on I jumped out about a car. Then he would cruise right on by. We ran it like 4 times. Same result every time. I didn't expect anything different being its an all stock k24a2 with bolt ons street tuned.

But when the blower goes on we are goin to run it back again.
    Tire slayer

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1424 ... LastLast