Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast

Thread: Adm_rsx's Rotrex build part DEUCE

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Definitely no weak links.. which makes this a hard thing to diagnose for anyone I would imagine. And that should be quite a nice build. What hg are you going to go with?
    Head gasket? I believe mine to be a cosmetic multilayer. I'll use the same thing again just for a bigger bore.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    This makes me sad man im sorry to hear about this.

But it makes me glad I did everything myself on my build. Because I wouldn't be able to keep myself from holding the shop responsible and im sure they don't give 2cents.

This is a nice build with respectable parts seems like things like this don't happen if it is put together right.

Do you have a picture of cylinder 1 walls?

To me it looks like cylinder 1 didn't have the proper amount of clearance for the piston to expand once it heated.

It probably came with a spec sheet that specified the needed clearance for heat expansion.

It looks like it was too tight

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECFRED View Post
    This makes me sad man im sorry to hear about this.

But it makes me glad I did everything myself on my build. Because I wouldn't be able to keep myself from holding the shop responsible and im sure they don't give 2cents.

This is a nice build with respectable parts seems like things like this don't happen if it is put together right.

Do you have a picture of cylinder 1 walls?

To me it looks like cylinder 1 didn't have the proper amount of clearance for the piston to expand once it heated.

It probably came with a spec sheet that specified the needed clearance for heat expansion.

It looks like it was too tight

I have similar thoughts as well. I won't point fingers at the shop even though I asked for things and they weren't done. One of which I know would have cleared my name from this whole thing. I showed a picture of the top of that piston and the shop plus many others said it was too lean. I was owed a new sensor for my aem wide and. BUT I didn't get it. And of course me and the shop had no contact once I picked my car up and finished it myself until AFTER it blew up. It's whatever though. It's my fault for not checking to begin with.

I still believe you may be right about expansions ect but who really knows.

I will grab a shot of the cylinder wall tonight when I get home.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Post pictures of the top of the piston. I want to see why they think it was running lean.

running lean doesn't do that to the side skirt of your piston unless you have already burned through the ring lands

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

That is the piston with the wrecked skirt.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Looks like 2 issues. Lean and too much timing. Can you take a picture of the other pistons and the rings of that piston on the clean side

Feedback Score
    Just found a gold mine of information for you http://www.boosttown.com/engine/piston_damage.pdf

With pictures I might add I am going to read every word LOL and look at all the (Less than pretty) pictures

Enjoy

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ Awesome

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VTECFRED View Post
    Just found a gold mine of information for you http://www.boosttown.com/engine/piston_damage.pdf

With pictures I might add I am going to read every word LOL and look at all the (Less than pretty) pictures

Enjoy
    After looking through that book a bit looks like its pointing to improper clearance I don't show signs of timing it doesn't look like detonation to me. I do say it's lean as well but none of the other pistons have the scarring on it like cylinder 1.
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Do you have a micrometer? You measure all your cylinder walls and see what the difference is then at the very least ask for them to redo it the right way out get your money back.

Im difficult to deal with if I pay for a service that isn't done right. It is in moments like these that you find out what kind of business you're dealing with. I know mistakes happen that doesn't bother me as much as a company that doesn't stand behind their work or product.

For example I wont mention any names but I bought a turbo from a company and it smoked very badly but because it took me 4 months to get to a point where I could install it I was out of my 90 day return and exchange.

They were not willing to work with me at all. So I wrote a review on their website, posted my experience on their facebook page, and shared my experience on their youtube channel. Only after repeated attempts to give them a chance to make it right.

They asked me to remove my comments and shipped me a new turbo I just had to pay for shipping.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 717 ... LastLast