Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: D.I.Y Adding a Return fuel line

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rbsjnh View Post
    This is way better than a kit. I suggest running a -8 an feed and use the factory hard line as return.

I don't suggest this at all... it defeats the purpose of the return line being the feed is so small. By running a larger return line you, for lack of better words, complete the fuel system loop... if you are going to pump a LOT of gas to the injectors using a -8an line feed you need to equally be able to return the flow of unused gas back with at least a -6an or else you'll just back up the pressure and defeat the purpose of your return line fuel system. Using a better return line will help relieve pressure from your fuel pump, keep more gas to it, and decrease injector duty cycle
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Spaz, I am not suggesting using the -8an for the return, Im suggesting using the factory -6 an for the return

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ran -8 feed to -6 return. There was a guy making high 600's on -6 feed and -6 return. So the flow is there. Either way. But I wouldn't use the factory line as the return. It's a cheesy look to me and I don't see the performance being there.
    Last edited by PetefromtheStreets; 05-08-2012 at 10:21 AM.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Typically, you're limited at low to mid 400whp without a return with 1000cc injectors. That's what I've been told of the turbo guys. Rotrex may be different, but I'm not sure.
    That HP range is probably true for turbo but the equivalent PSI range on a SC is probably more like 350whp. I think it's the pressure differential at the injectors (between the intake and the fuel line) that becomes the issue. Blurg I really don't want to drop another $600 but it's less that blowing the engine from a lean condition.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure which kind of FPR to get, does this look right? FPR on amazon

Feedback Score
    Buy aeromotive nothing else

Feedback Score
    Aeromotive, copy that. There seems to be several types, bypass, efi... Spaz do you recall the model you have?

Feedback Score
    http://www.summitracing.com/parts/AEI-13101/

this is probably the best most used regulator on the market, fine for gas, e85 and race fuel.

that fuel lab regulator is a replica of an aeromotive.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I just have a AEM but if it doesn't work with the new setup I will be swapping it out with the Aeromotive for sure
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    I saw this kit for a fuel return system using the stock rail (for diffirent car, but same regulator) implemented by putting the FPR before the rail, any reason a similar setup wouldn't work on our cars, it seems to address goals 1 and 2? Not sure how much of an issue 3 is, and 4 seems to be in doubt.

1. keep fuel pressure rising 1:1 with boost so that the injectors don't have to stay open too long and atomization doesn't suffer.
    2. better pump life since it's not pushing against a headed load, it also runs cooler with fuel flowing.
    3. keep the fuel in the rail from overheating given the higher IAT of F/I engines.
    4. Some have said injector #4 starts to starve and returning on the other side of the rail keeps equal flow to all the injectors.

The AGP kit description says that #4 is false, I'm going to try some experiments with water and hoses to see if this happens Otherwise this approach will save us buying a fuel rail.
    Last edited by easymovet; 05-09-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: it doesn't solve heat on the rail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast