Thread: ROTM October 2011 Winner: Fijiblu10

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ROTM October 2011 Winner: Fijiblu10

Here at BoostedK20, we take you and your ride seriously. We're launching our new Ride of the Month, so we wanted to start it off with a bang. Our October 2011 ROTM comes to us from Miami, Florida. Ron, known on the forums as Fijiblu10, rolls in a super clean sleeper 8th Gen Civic Si Sedan (FA5).

He was fortunate enough to pick up his Si with only 4 miles on in 2007. Fast forward to 2011, this beauty is powered by a custom Full-Race BorgWarner EFR 6758 Full-Race turbo setup putting down 420whp and 314ft-lbs of torque. Not bad for his first build!

His father's company did the Grand Prix of Miami. Whenever a car would wreck, they would let him sit in the carnage. He fell in love with the smell of high-octane gasoline and burnt rubber. Hearing the race cars ripping down the straightaway while standing above in the flimsy fenced-in walkway, you could just feel the force and wind of the power these cars had. He described it as euphoric in a way.

Ron’s FA5 is built with a wonderful list of parts from exterior to interior. He’s rolling on some baller 18x7.5” Mugen NRs lowered on Tein Basic coilovers. Holding power to the ground are Nitto Neo Gens 245/40/ZR18 in the front and Nitto NT Extreme 555 215/35/ZR18 in the rear. HellaFunctional FTW!

So what is in store for the future? Looks like a possible K24 build, but who doesn’t want that?! 500whp is the number Ron is looking to make with a solid build: pistons, rods, sleeves - the works. To hold that power to the ground at the track, he plans on looking into slicks. As for aesthetics, eventually he would like to swap his rims in the future.

A little background about the owner:
    Born and raised in Miami, FL. Ron graduated from Barry University in 2007 with a Bachelor's degree in Business Management and a minor in Accounting and Finance. He played golf throughout high school and turned pro once he graduated from college. He traveled around and played in many different places until about a year and half ago. He decided that it wasn't cutting it, so he started his job search. Currently, he is an account manager for Airgas South out of Miami, FL.

If you would like to see more of Ron's FA5 please check out his build thread here:
    http://www.boostedk20.com/forums/sho...EFR-6758-Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    congrats Ron and super clean car man! I'll be following your progress!

Feedback Score
    Congratulations! It was only a matter of time before you made ROTM, well deserved man. Great background information too, I love this new ROTM layout. It's like a magazine article

Feedback Score
    Wow thanks!! This is an awesome ROTM setup. Thanks for making me the focal point! I really like the way you described everything. Only one thing, I just changed suspension setup. I'm rolling on BC Racing coilovers and they are amazing.

Thank you again for everything.
    Last edited by Fijiblu10; 11-08-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Feedback Score
    Congrats. Car looks amazing.
    Joe

1991 Acura NSX