Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast

Thread: New to the forum, ep3 boosting and tuning in a week

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I believe the k24 sleeves aren't up to par. But so many ppl have been making great power on stock sleeves. I have on the other hand heard that the locking the motor in vtec has some severe effects on the motor.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ That's definitely a good point, vtec killer is absolutely much more added stress. Even on a built motor - but a SICK idea!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Is this all happening because these are K24 motors? Because it's beginning to make me worry, I have 53k on my stock K20Z3 motor and have been boosted for 11k miles so far. All is good, but this motor blowing business worries me.
    It was a ringland. I bought the car already swapped with kpro. The map it was running on before boost looked like it was never even tuned. I'm honestly not worried about the sleeves.

Feedback Score
    Quick update, pistons and rods are getting ordered today. While it's apart, it's getting some 50 degree type s cam gears and a hondata img. Also going to be getting manifold, turbine housing, dumptube, and downpipe ceramic coated. Ptp turbo blanket will also be going on. Should be up and running again next week sometime.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andyman97 View Post
    Quick update, pistons and rods are getting ordered today. While it's apart, it's getting some 50 degree type s cam gears and a hondata img. Also going to be getting manifold, turbine housing, dumptube, and downpipe ceramic coated. Ptp turbo blanket will also be going on. Should be up and running again next week sometime.
    Great update, ceramic coatings are worth the dough. Turbo blanket is smart too, I would have got one but they're serious dough. Can't wait for the up-and-running vids!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    The PTP blankets are top notch and they're only $100.

The engine is out and the block is apart. The block is being overbored to 87.5mm just because the #3 cylinder is a little marred from the ringland. All exhaust parts will go in for coating today and hopefully be done Friday or Monday.

I ended up going with CP pistons in 9.0:1 compression for an 87.5mm bore and Brian Crower turbo H-beam rods. I also ordered ARP head studs, ACL race bearings, and an OEM headgasket. Fortunately, the timing chain, tensioner, and oil pump are all in good shape. The crank was also unscathed. I'm hoping to have it back on the dyno a week from Friday.

After inspection, nothing was damaged from the oil fire.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice plan man, can the OEM headgasket still work with 87.5 bore? Glad you'll have it back together so quickly. And why are PTP blankets so high quality compared to the more expensive ones?

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    It's only a. 5 mm difference, my d17 was overbored that much with an OEM gasket and didn't give me any problems.

I can't tell you why exactly the ptp blanket is better but from reading reviews about it, I couldn't find anything negative, and people who used it consistently preferred it to other heat shields that fall apart within a few months, like the dei titanium shield.

Feedback Score
    Yeah it's nice to have an engine with some low end.

Well, the high hopes to have it done for Halloween are shattered. Machine shop isn't done with the block and the exhaust parts still haven't come back from the coater yet. Should definitely be done by the end of next week. It's driving me crazy to have invested so much and wait wait wait.

The speedo had been acting up since I've had the car and kpro wasn't reading the speed sensor signal at all. A continuity check showed a short in the signal wire so the oem wire is getting bypassed for clean wiring. This is a relief because I wouldn't have been able to use boost by gear without a solid vss signal.

I also had Dan from DCA ship me a black microsuede shift boot with red stitching to match the seats, I'm excited to see how it looks.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good stuff man. I'm glad to see its pretty much on a roll now. My build has got to be the longest in history. Blown up in February. Built an running by July. Blown up in August and still not rebuilt yet. Machine shop is taking their sweet ass time for me. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast