Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help piece turbo together

Feedback Score

Smile Need help piece turbo together

i dont know anything about turbo..i was gonna post on 8thcivic but i feel like the forum are more of the type not to be very open on things when needed since members on there been saying nitrous for p#$$* and babys ..

all im looking for is to push 7-9 psi ..nothing to insane..and no i dont want to get a greddy turbo kit or one of those high end turbo kit[too pricey].. what do i need to get together to make this work? what a good turbo for DD? i will not ditch my direct port so that be the fun part..

i know you guys are the best out there when it come to turbo so please help me out..only time will tell and i have all the time in the world to make it happen..i will dedicate my turbo build to this forum as i learn from the best..

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    GT2871R Quick spooling and and more like 12-15 lbs FYI K20 handles it no problem all day everyday rapping on it

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ISprayNosFg2 View Post
    i dont know anything about turbo..i was gonna post on 8thcivic but i feel like the forum are more of the type not to be very open on things when needed since members on there been saying nitrous for p#$$* and babys ..

all im looking for is to push 7-9 psi ..nothing to insane..and no i dont want to get a greddy turbo kit or one of those high end turbo kit[too pricey].. what do i need to get together to make this work? what a good turbo for DD? i will not ditch my direct port so that be the fun part..

i know you guys are the best out there when it come to turbo so please help me out..only time will tell and i have all the time in the world to make it happen..i will dedicate my turbo build to this forum as i learn from the best..
    I just PMed Si Speed 317, he is the MAN to ask in this situation as he drives ~100 miles a day IIRC and just changed his turbo setup.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    I just PMed Si Speed 317, he is the MAN to ask in this situation as he drives ~100 miles a day IIRC and just changed his turbo setup.
    Thanks

OP, here's what I went through. I started with a TSI log manifold, TSI downpipe and a GT2871R ball bearing turbo (and individually pieced the rest of my kit together). As time went on, I loved it - until summer hit. The turbo isn't made to be a top-end puller, as it kind of runs out of breath at ~7k. I also needed to keep vtec at 5800rpm due to the log manifold setup. Log manifolds aren't as dependable as tubular manifolds. Long story short, I went with a tubular manifold with an external wastegate - but that was much better for me because I wanted both mid range and top end, as well as an external wastegate.

For me to tell you anything more, I'd need to know what budget you're looking at and how much power you want to put down.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    budget $4000 ...want to push around 300ish hp ...hopefully i can work something out with my direct port and still have my nitrous spraying til the turbo spool up..any thought and idea?

thanks for your time/help

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Keeping spray and boosting is going to murder your 300who goal. Lol.

In all honesty I don't see that ending well for your stock pistons and or rods. You'll go through plugs left an right.

I didn't go turbo so I can't say what's your best route but I CAN say an external gated setup is way cooler. Lol
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    budget $4000 ...want to push around 300ish hp ...hopefully i can work something out with my direct port and still have my nitrous spraying til the turbo spool up..any thought and idea?

thanks for your time/help
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Keeping spray and boosting is going to murder your 300who goal. Lol.

In all honesty I don't see that ending well for your stock pistons and or rods. You'll go through plugs left an right.

I didn't go turbo so I can't say what's your best route but I CAN say an external gated setup is way cooler. Lol
    ^ This.

And as Adam said, you're going to annihilate that goal of 300whp very easily. How much were you pushing with your direct-injection setup alone?

When you say "hopefully i can work something out with my direct port and still have my nitrous spraying til the turbo spool up", it made me realize something. With a small to mid size turbo (from a Greddy turbo to a GT30 or 5857) You'll spool stoopid fast. You won't even need the nitrous to support it. If you go with a 6262, then the bit of lag could be defeated with your nitrous, but even then you won't really need it. And, if you're using a 6262, you'll be able to push 500+whp without a sweat. And that's before nitrous, unless you only use nitrous to increase spool speed.

And it can be done for close to $4k, but that all depends on what setup you go with. Let's get some of this stuff answered and we'll go from there.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    i had to look up the word "annihilate " to make sure what it meant...LMFAO ...with 100 shot it was @ 312hp ..with 75 shot it was @ 286hp...lost the dyno sheets so it wont do any good. my car only see 75 shot 3 time out of it whole life and the rest is 100 shot..

i just want to use nitrous when the turbo is lagging..once it out of the lag mode then its all turbo from there .i heard that i can spray nitrous when using turbo...is it true?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i had to look up the word "annihilate " to make sure what it meant...LMFAO ...with 100 shot it was @ 312hp ..with 75 shot it was @ 286hp...lost the dyno sheets so it wont do any good. my car only see 75 shot 3 time out of it whole life and the rest is 100 shot..

i just want to use nitrous when the turbo is lagging..once it out of the lag mode then its all turbo from there .i heard that i can spray nitrous when using turbo...is it true?
    Why the transition into the turbo world if nitrous has you at your 300whp goal already?

Not trying to sway your opinion I'm just curious.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Every babys need to learn new things ..yes my nitrous is always there when I want it to be ..very good for being a dd but I would also like a little of turbo in it . Just to give me a feeling that I felt years ago in my brother s4 ..

It's something I'm looking forward to and hopeing to make it happen even tho my nitrous is still good already ..its like a feeling you want something and you gotta have it but slowly so it will worth with.. idk I guess I'm getting sleepy ..time to go sleep with my kids ..

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast