Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help piece turbo together

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ISprayNosFg2 View Post
    i had to look up the word "annihilate " to make sure what it meant...LMFAO ...with 100 shot it was @ 312hp ..with 75 shot it was @ 286hp...lost the dyno sheets so it wont do any good. my car only see 75 shot 3 time out of it whole life and the rest is 100 shot..

i just want to use nitrous when the turbo is lagging..once it out of the lag mode then its all turbo from there .i heard that i can spray nitrous when using turbo...is it true?
    It's all good, no one knows everything. As for the 100 shot, you definitely won't need it if you're boosting. If you want to decrease lag, then you could run a 25-50 shot and it will be more than enough IMO. You can spray nitrous while in boost with your turbo, but there is no need for it. In fact, it will make tuning much more difficult as nitrous is hard to tune as it is. You'd need to spray every time you boost for your tune to be accurate, but the spray isn't needed for that.

You CAN use the spray to make the turbo spool, but you would need a bigger turbo (GT35 or 6262 and bigger) for the spray to be needed - and even then it's not needed that much.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Yep ..imma use the nitrous to spool it up faster then the nitrous will be off ..I just want to use it to get out of the lag ..that's about it .what turbo you recommend for me and parts I needed to get together to make the turbo work it magic ?

Thanks for the idea and suggestions

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, you'd need a turbo that would be big enough to have lag, so a GT35 would probably be your best bet. But that turbo is ~1300 and then you'd need a good manifold, downpipe/testpipe, intercooler, piping, fuel pump, fuel injectors, etc. That would be hard for ~$4k, mainly because you'd need a great manifold and it's hard to find any good ones used.

You could run a TSI manifold with a GT3071R but you wouldn't really need the nitrous to help with spool, actually what is your nitrous window now? You COULD use it at lower rpm but it would be killer on your transmission.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    4k budget for a turbo kit piecing together will be hard. And instead of buying a turbo that has lag just for nitrous to be useful I'd just do something like a 30r and tune it then tune for spray on top of that.

Otherwise the nitrous will be useless.

You figure chris millers 1200hp hatch doesn't use nitrous to spool his big ass turbo. But I think it would be pretty bad ass nitrous&turbo together. But daaaaaaaaaamn it's gonna put a hurting on those internals.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    nitrous window is set at 4k rpm to 8400 rpm... 4k on a turbo build is what im looking to spend but im not in a rush to get the parts in so i can go out of the budget to make it work if needed ..
    so which turbo you guys perfer me using ? GT35 or GT3071R o 30R.. i know that the turbo itself will be expensive as is so just tell me which turbo is best for me and i will go from there.. nitrous or not..doesnt matter..i will work around it once i have the kit togther

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    4k budget for a turbo kit piecing together will be hard. And instead of buying a turbo that has lag just for nitrous to be useful I'd just do something like a 30r and tune it then tune for spray on top of that.

Otherwise the nitrous will be useless.

You figure chris millers 1200hp hatch doesn't use nitrous to spool his big ass turbo. But I think it would be pretty bad ass nitrous&turbo together. But daaaaaaaaaamn it's gonna put a hurting on those internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by ISprayNosFg2 View Post
    nitrous window is set at 4k rpm to 8400 rpm... 4k on a turbo build is what im looking to spend but im not in a rush to get the parts in so i can go out of the budget to make it work if needed ..
    so which turbo you guys perfer me using ? GT35 or GT3071R o 30R.. i know that the turbo itself will be expensive as is so just tell me which turbo is best for me and i will go from there.. nitrous or not..doesnt matter..i will work around it once i have the kit togther
    Well, I would say GT3076R would be best of all worlds because it is the best all around turbo. Rated to ~525hp, super fast spool, and not that big so it fits no problem. But, you won't need nitrous at all. It would just complicate things. GT35R would be better for nitrous use, but your motor is gonna be screaming if it's not built.

To be honest, with a 4k budget you're looking at a T25 GT3071R and a TSI manifold/downpipe setup. TSI downpipe and manifold will run you 350 shipped if you can get TSI to send it to you, and the turbo is 1240 IIRC from evans-tuning.com. If you went with the GT3076R, it would be much more for a manifold because it's a T3 flange and uses a tubular manifold. And this is all not needing any nitrous support due to the crazy spool.

Even with a 6262 on this motor, you won't really need nitrous. K series motors aren't like 2JZ supra setups - big ass turbo that, when you floor it, takes forever to spool. And once it spools and boosts - it hits you like a ton of bricks in a snap. That application would benefit from using nitrous.

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    ok i have decided to go with GT3076R. but i need help on this..how am i going with it setting on this website > http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant...egory_Code=GRT

i have no idea how to compare or deal with turbo since im always been a nitrous guy since i was 19 and now i want to make a step next door and try something different.i had a jrc supercharger laying in my garage but sold it since i wanted to stick with my nitrous. what manifold/downpipe should i get for this? does the intercooler size matter? do i need to rebuild my motor?

Feedback Score
    What car are you currently using? You're in GA which isn't that far from me. I just built my turbo kit from the ground up for around the same budget you are in. I can help you with how to make custom piping and fitting and installing the turbo when the time comes as I did it all myself. I do have a manifold for an Ep3/RSX that is T3 flanged in my trunk. Hit me up by txt and I could help you out. PM me for my number

Feedback Score
    texted you last night but i think i text the wrong person...LOL

any help guys on the setting of the turbo i have linked? thanks

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just a 3076 t3 and probably the bigger a/r housing. I can't open the damn link for some reason. iPhone fail.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast