Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast

Thread: My JoTech Motorsports Review

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

My JoTech Motorsports Review

Jotech Performance Review

Before I get started with this I want to say that I DO NOT exaggerate and have emails, quotations, & other people to back up what I'm about to say. Also want to say that this is strictly customer to business review.

First of all before I even hired Jo Tech, I researched and looked for a company that would be capable of fabricating everything that I needed. I found several companies but after speaking with Jo he really sold me. I needed the car to be completed within a 17 day period & he said "No problem."

I drove the car up to Kissimmee, FL on a Saturday morning and then flew back. I asked how long do you think he said, "Papa, I should have it done by next Sunday." I was excited and happy with my decision to take the car to them.

Rather than go through all the details, to make a long story short. It took them 5 & half weeks, I had a friend drop by the shop 2 weeks into the build & he said that the car hadn't moved and all the boxes were still in the car. After the 4th week I made a surprise visit up to see the progression of the car and to my surprise NOTHING had been completed.

I had to make a list of what had to be done, which is ridiculous because I paying you thousands of dollars to do your job. They only had the intake & header off. He kept on telling me that they didn't know that the flange was different....everytime I called it was another excuse. I'm not the type of customer to harass, I'm extremely patient & understanding. But they have caller ID up there and believe me they were avoiding my calls. I would have to call from different numbers just to get updates. They didn't post any pictures of my build until about 7 days before I picked the car up.

Needless to say after 5 1/2 weeks they realistically worked on the car for about 10 days and rushed the build. Then when it came to tuning the car it was another disaster. Supposedly Colombia from CMB, his brother passed so he couldn't tune my car & I was quoted to have him tune the car. Instead they had some retard named OMAR tune it. The car made power but Jo's exact words before I left the car there originally was "If you don't make 400whp then we have a problem." The car made "386 whp & 254tq". I put that in quotes because on the dyno here locally when I went to retune it, it only put down 348 whp and 242tq. SO JO I GUESS WE HAD A PROBLEM! When I went to retune the car Omar had put a password on the flashpro so I couldn't upload any changes but COULD download his map. What he was trying to protect was his work but you need to know how flashpro works before you try to do something like that. He wouldn't give me the flashpro password, until after 4 days of arguing through text message (cause he wouldn't answer any of my phone calls) we finally came to a conclusion. I had him access my computer remotely and change the password. Once Turbogixxer and were able to retune it the car made 419whp & 313 tq. Jo problem fixed!

I'm not going to go into detail about payment but I was quoted one thing and then when I went to go pick it up he invoiced me something entirely different. $1,500 more than I was quoted. So tell me this, you guaranteed that you would have it done within the time period I asked but that didn't happen. You told me that I was going to have the car tune by CMB. That didn't happen. You quoted me something I thought was the final quote & that didn't happen. 1, 2, & 3 strikes your OUT!!! I was so angry. I didn't want to get into with him especially after a 4 hour drive up. I told him that I wasn't going to pay the final price and handed him the Florida State Law guidelines which states that before you proceed with work you have to tell the customer how much it will cost. We came to a "fair" price supposedly. He asked me if I was happy and I said "Yea" but that was just so that I could get out of there.

Ok now for the problems. The same night driving home. Both water temp gauge and oil temp gauge went out. They connected them without crimping and just wrapped it with electrical tape. I had to fix that. Next the car was over heating after I had asked Jo if need to change the radiator he said NO. Also after everything they never installed an Intake on the turbo. I asked him are you going to make an intake and he said "No there's no need for an intake." Beautiful.

Next problem, where the downpipe and the exhaust connect came apart and was dragging on the road. The downpipe is too short. I had to pull the exhaust as much as possible so that it would stay connected. I need to get an extention some how. Also the angle on the downpipe isn't enough so the exhaust hangs too low below the car. I need to get it bent too.

Next problem, it looks like they didn't have a clamp small enough for the charge pipe to connect to the turbo so they got a bigger one, cut it, and welded it. Well that lasted like a month and then the clamp failed and the charge pipe came off. That's really great work

Next problem, when they installed the new clutch master cylinder they never adjusted the engagement rod. When I took it to the track last night, the clutch started to slip after the 3rd run and wouldn't engage. Mind you I waited 30 minutes between each run. That shouldn't have happened. I waited an hour and drove the car home. Just took it for a test run now it's not slipping at all. I have to make some changes there now.

The finishing touches, they only put back 2 clips on the bottom fender lining so when I was driving the other day the fender lining came off along with the drivers side bumper.

I really can't remember much more at this point but this is pretty much the experience I had with them. I'm really disappointed in the whole experience and wish that I would have done it with another company. Be aware that these Puerto Ricans do some shady stuff and cut corners. This is a fact. Maybe others haven't spoke out but I know 3 people personally that have had similar experiences with them. Jo is a smooth talker when it comes to getting you to bring the car there but once they have it you are at their mercy.

Sorry for the long review but I wanted to be as detailed as possible. Please don't re-post this anywhere else except for on this forum.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Very useful review. IMHO, it's unbiased and very believable. I was planning to get my second transmission done by JoTech, however this, as well as other reviews, has swayed me not to. I must emphasize that it was NOT THIS review that swayed me, however it makes other reviews more believable.

Feedback Score
    So the problems continue. I took my car to the track two weeks ago and on the second pull my clutch gave out. The first thing that Jotech told me was that I would need a new clutch soon. Honestly, I believed it because I had a FX300 which wasn't rated to hold the power my car produced. But the clutch was less than a year old and it gave out so quickly. Well I purchased a FX400 from clutchmasters.

Here's where it gets interesting again. When we took out the clutch that I had in the car it wasn't a FX300 yet an organic Exedy and the pressure plate was spray painted white to look like a clutchmasters pressure plate. Also it look like an antique. There is only one way that this happened. When they had the car up there they switched clutches. I mean how low will you go. This is so pathetic it makes me sick. There really isn't anything that I could do to prove that I had my FX300 on the car and they did this so what can I do? Vent!

Clutchmasters were so nice that they were going to rebuild my broken clutch and send it back so that I could sell it. But now I'm out another $250 to $300 because this isn't even a clutchmasters clutch.

While fixing the clutch we noticed other issues. They charged me for fittings and hoses to run the water cool lines to the turbo. Well that wasn't done either. The EFR turbos are designed to be water cooled. If I wouldn't have noticed this it could have been detrimental for the longevity of the turbo.

Next issue they cross threaded my front motor mount and left it half way screwed in. Only a matter of time before that would have been another fail. Also two of the tranny screws were cross threaded.

The shop that installed my new clutch asked me if they did any work on the motor. I said "No, but I didn't think that they opened up the tranny too." So the leak I have from the back of the motor could be something else these guys did. I just want to make this aware to everyone out there. It's sad that a reputable performance shop would do this. People bring their cars from out of the state to bring it to them and god knows what they do to them. Again I say that I took my car there because they came highly recommended from several people.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I honestly don't know what to say. That's going much lower and beyond what I thought they would do. If only you had better proof and you could make a lawsuit out of it..

Actually, two years ago I wanted to turbo my Si and decided I might bring it there when we spoke on the phone, he said he had a place I could stay and that it would only take 3-4 days blah blah blah, but I turned it down because it was a 24 hour drive and I was worried that if something went wrong I would be screwed. I'm glad I decided to not go, or I would have had a similar story to yours.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    You made the correct decision. I'm still finding things wrong and I hate to say it but I'm sure there's more to come.

Feedback Score
    i almost gave em my buisnesse before but when i called that guy "civicmotorhead" changed up some of the prices on me so i passed, good thing i didnt give em my buisnesse

Feedback Score
    So I had some time today throughout my work day and called clutchmasters. I am sending them the clutch because it may just be the FX300. The shop that installed my clutch is a Competition Clutch dealer and doesn't deal with clutchmasters. So they may have been mistaken in stating that this isn't a clutchmasters clutch.

I feel like an hypocrite now because I'm here accusing Jotech of something that they might not have done. My mistake for not calling clutchmasters before I started making false accusations. But really can you blame me after everything that I've been through. Oh well. We will find out in a week or so. I'm mailing it out tomorrow.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, you won't know until they get back to you. But, I understand why you made the accusation completely. Makes perfect sense. Don't sweat it.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Edit
    Last edited by LCFJ88888; 12-20-2011 at 02:03 AM.

Feedback Score
    Sorry to hear that I feel your pain.

Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast