Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Fijiblu10's EFR 6758 Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Wow, I don't know what to say really. I have heard some bad stuff about Jo in the past, but this is nuts. I know KT has had problems with them, as well as AJP, in the past too. I'm pretty speechless about this though. I was thinking of having Jo do my next transmission, but I sure as hell won't now. Shops like this (pretty much every shop) are the reason why I do all my own work.

Does anyone know any lawyers that they can ask if we can put a company review thread/section on the forums? That would be a good thing..
    If your going to do your tranny you either go Albin or go home. Jotech shaves the gears and does some weird stuff that I don't know if I could trust after what I've been through. I know with certain projects they do it correctly but it "should" be that way with every customer.

My best friend is a lawyer and there isn't any law that say that we can't do a review section for companies and customers. The only thing is that the site has to approve of it. This is a forum site. You can post anything you like on here. It's all based off of opinions anyway. But 8thcivic has moderators that protect companies so they don't get a bad name. So imagine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fre$h si View Post
    Wow that's crazy bcuz he seems like a super cool dude! But that's usually how the crooks suck u in. I can't believe he threatened to ban u for posting this. I hate half ass workers. I don't think that any shop has done a good job on any of the cars, if it wasn't for Si speed 17 I probally woulda lost money to a shop but thankfully I did all my own work and the car turned out beautiful .....kinda lol
    Btw if u wanna buy an intake I have a custom one made by go power to fit the EFR w/ a velocity stack & velocity stack style filter. Hit me up on 8th
    He seems like a kool guy but he constantly lied to me. I'm not exaggerating, blatant lies over the phone. When I drove up to Orlando and surprised them, I was suppose to have the turbo already mounted on the car and everything already done. All that was supposedly left to do was mount the intercooler. Bulllll!! All they had done was removed the parts I had on the car, intake and header.

I would need to see if the intake fits the way I have the piping running. But I'm in for looking at it. I sent you a message on 8th.

Feedback Score
    this SI madd... 305!!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    ^ What?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I was thinking the same thing.

Feedback Score
    So the problems continue. I took my car to the track two weeks ago and on the second pull my clutch gave out. The first thing that Jotech told me was that I would need a new clutch soon. Honestly, I believed it because I had a FX300 which wasn't rated to hold the power my car produced. But the clutch was less than a year old and it gave out so quickly. Well I purchased a FX400 from clutchmasters.

Here's where it gets interesting again. When we took out the clutch that I had in the car it wasn't a FX300 yet an organic Exedy and the pressure plate was spray painted white to look like a clutchmasters pressure plate. Also it look like an antique. There is only one way that this happened. When they had the car up there they switched clutches. I mean how low will you go. This is so pathetic it makes me sick. There really isn't anything that I could do to prove that I had my FX300 on the car and they did this so what can I do? Vent!

Clutchmasters were so nice that they were going to rebuild my broken clutch and send it back so that I could sell it. But now I'm out another $250 to $300 because this isn't even a clutchmasters clutch.

While fixing the clutch we noticed other issues. They charged me for fittings and hoses to run the water cool lines to the turbo. Well that wasn't done either. The EFR turbos are designed to be water cooled. If I wouldn't have noticed this it could have been detrimental for the longevity of the turbo.

Next issue they cross threaded my front motor mount and left it half way screwed in. Only a matter of time before that would have been another fail. Also two of the tranny screws were cross threaded.

The shop that installed my new clutch asked me if they did any work on the motor. I said "No, but I didn't think that they opened up the tranny too." So the leak I have from the back of the motor could be something else these guys did. I just want to make this aware to everyone out there. It's sad that a reputable performance shop would do this. People bring their cars from out of the state to bring it to them and god knows what they do to them. Again I say that I took my car there because they came highly recommended from several people.

Feedback Score
    dude, thats rough.

jorge had me fooled to. but him and his shop are dirty.

he did good work with no complaints on 420coupes car.. i wonder what the catch is there.

Feedback Score
    The reason why they work on his car with more care is because his car is practically a shop car. The first R18 kit they designed so they see it as a selling point. They already have a 400+ whp si. That's not really a rarity, even though I brought them a new EFR turbo.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fg2onboost View Post
    dude, thats rough.

jorge had me fooled to. but him and his shop are dirty.

he did good work with no complaints on 420coupes car.. i wonder what the catch is there.
    Motive is the catch. As Fijiblu10 said, it's because it's their promotion point and arguably the first legit R18 kit so Jo needs to look good. And get it done fast.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I don't hate on 420coupe in anyway, he's actually a friend of mine. But there really isn't much more I could say about Jotech. They are still going to be in business whether I try to do something or not. I honestly hate to tarnish a companies reputation but when they are capable of doing things like this to a customers car, god knows what else is in store.

Most people would never even notice some of the things they do because they would do repeat business with Jotech. So they could cover up their work.

Example: Let's say that I called them and said listen the clutch is starting to slip because I have too much power. What can you guys do for me? Oh we will get you a clutch for $400 and install it for $300 (I'm just pulling hypothetical numbers but realistic). Retail for an FX400 is a little more than $450 and I was quoted between $350 & $500 to install the clutch. So imagine I would think "I'm getting a deal!" But in reality they would just take the crap clutch the initially installed in my car and replace it with my FX300. 100% profit. Again remember this is just an example of how a shop like this could screw you if your not really on the forums and constantly researching.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast