Page 1 of 25 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Street Racing CHAT Thread

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Street Racing CHAT Thread

Figured I'd start a chat thread. Why not

And what a better time to have a laugh at my expense? I was next to a 370Z last night, had some sort of exhaust but that doesn't matter much. Figured I'd be an ass and say "Do you really think you can beat me?" He replied, "Yeah, I do." With that said, we did a run from around a 10 roll and I had a lot of spin in 1st, grinded second (Common Si high rpm problem, I need a new CMC) and he jolted away. Was pulling HARD in 3rd but he cut me off I found out that I have no ABS because my tires were squeeeeeeeling when I slammed on the brakes - This means it's time to change my brake fluid again. DOT5 doesn't work properly in our cars because it's silicone based. Oh well, lesson learned.

Learned from my mistakes, I need to start out at about 20mph in 1st or I spool and spin my tires. Gotta lose some to win some

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Man I thought I told you about the dot 5 in an abs system. It's a huge No-no. Lol. But that's really funny about the 370z. My car 1-3 is a complete joke. Lol. If I do a roll race I need a 60 roll. Lol.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea I think I might just do DOT4 since it's easy to get. They even have it at Walmart And yea that has to suck, but you did sick at the track (with slicks IIRC). I just remembered that the guys who did it never bled the rear brakes and it has DOT3 OEM brake fluid, so I'm sure somethings mixed up. Hope my brakes are better, my heart drops when I try to slow down fast when I'm going ~100, car doesn't seem to slow down all too well. Goes from side to side a little :hiding: Trying to get my hands on a set of Full-Race Traction Balls but they just went from 207 to 299......

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea I'd stick with Dot3-4 myself. Unless you delete abs. Then dot5 it up. As for the slicks. Yea I did ok. I cut some low 1.7's on em. I just need a 5 speed tranny which I'm getting soon.

And I didn't have a check valve in my brake booster so when I hit boost then went to slam the brakes it had boost in my brake booster not allowing me to engage the brakes until my car hit vacuum again. I left it like that for all of 5 mins lol.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    Yea I'd stick with Dot3-4 myself. Unless you delete abs. Then dot5 it up. As for the slicks. Yea I did ok. I cut some low 1.7's on em. I just need a 5 speed tranny which I'm getting soon.

And I didn't have a check valve in my brake booster so when I hit boost then went to slam the brakes it had boost in my brake booster not allowing me to engage the brakes until my car hit vacuum again. I left it like that for all of 5 mins lol.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Yea i'll be doing DOT 3/4 ASAP. What 5 speed tranny you going to use? Ep3? And that is definitely scarey not having a check valve!!!

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Yea i'll be doing DOT 3/4 ASAP. What 5 speed tranny you going to use? Ep3? And that is definitely scarey not having a check valve!!!
    Yea I'm gonna be usin an ep3 tranny with LSD. I was finishing the 1/4 in 5th gear and that's just too much shifting. Lol. Now I have a check valve so I'm good lol. Oh and I got a new toy in the mail yesterday.

Hd gopro. You can look forward to some street races with this thing soon.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score

good race

my first go pro race vid http://www.youtube.com/user/hydrohea.../0/oypQODqbJh0
    Was against a fully built , bored , stroked Evo on 28 psi and my little bone stock bottom end turbo k 20 with head studs , springs and retainers and a 35r on 18 psi .It was a great race made my weekend that's for sure wait til next year gonna be building my bottom end and putting down much bigger numbers

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice. I can't wait to get my car out to play.

Tapatalk FTMFW!
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice man, you pulled pretty hard in the first run. I'm liking the go-pro camera, how does it stick so well? Take a couple pics of it mounted if you don't mind

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Nice race against the evo, you did very well against him especially with a stock bottom end. Sure it surprised him lol definitely post pics of the camera mounting I'd like to see that

Page 1 of 25 111 ... LastLast