Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: My BlackwidowSi Turbo Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Cool, as long as they know. I've only seen Flossy knobs online, with no legit reviews on em in this community. I personally rock a TWM M1 Abrams. Heavy, counter-weighted, counter-sunk, and looks good. No complaints here! As for the intake and the goods, I have confidence Wayne can fab up whatever you need. I got a top-mount manifold from SRT because of ease of installation, easy intake fab (90* 4" charge pipe, super simple), and no tapping of the pan - which I'll be doing anyway over the winter haha.

I am running BBG. ~4psi in 1st (wastegate only), 8psi in 2nd, 12psi 3rd, ~19psi in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Works well for me on street tires. I need to run some drag radials though. And I still need to finish tuning with Vit, it's been years. Hope he can still do it.
    The product is cool cuz custom and heavy but I mean a shift knob is a shift knob. Also there customer service is a hit or miss. haha except for when that m1 abrams is in the sun!! Yup I had to tap the oil pan for mine... Gonna be looking going to Wayne sometime this week or the next to see what we can do about the intake if not ill just put one of those screen guards on as a last resort.

Cool and Vit did that for you? Im almost done tuning with him im on the part where you drive around like a maniac for 20 mins. 19psi? damnn how much power are you putting down? im stuck at 12 psi

Also really thinking about that new hybrid racing v2 short shifter after racing a cte 9th gen with a acuity shifter... that thing blew my mind with how short his throws were.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phomonkee View Post
    The product is cool cuz custom and heavy but I mean a shift knob is a shift knob. Also there customer service is a hit or miss. haha except for when that m1 abrams is in the sun!! Yup I had to tap the oil pan for mine... Gonna be looking going to Wayne sometime this week or the next to see what we can do about the intake if not ill just put one of those screen guards on as a last resort.

Cool and Vit did that for you? Im almost done tuning with him im on the part where you drive around like a maniac for 20 mins. 19psi? damnn how much power are you putting down? im stuck at 12 psi

Also really thinking about that new hybrid racing v2 short shifter after racing a cte 9th gen with a acuity shifter... that thing blew my mind with how short his throws were.
    I think a shift knob is a big component. The M1 Abrams was a big difference for me, coming from the type R knob and some delrin ones. In the sun though, it's WAY hot! Part of the compromise for wonderful shifting haha. Yup, Vit did that for me. My setup boost creeped to 19psi. I know how to fix it, but it involves taking the turbo out. I just don't have the time to do it. Perks of a one-off setup. A few years ago on a local dyno with a temp tune, I put down 617whp on e85. I forget the torque, was over 400 though. Temp tune was horrible though, strictly for WOT. Once I get back to driving the car, I'll reach out to Vit to continue tuning.

As for the Hybrid Racing short shifter, it seems cool! The downside, as I've heard, that the shorter the shifts, the more strain it puts on the transmission - which is something else I'll be tackling down the road. I've been on borrowed time with these stock gears!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I think a shift knob is a big component. The M1 Abrams was a big difference for me, coming from the type R knob and some delrin ones. In the sun though, it's WAY hot! Part of the compromise for wonderful shifting haha. Yup, Vit did that for me. My setup boost creeped to 19psi. I know how to fix it, but it involves taking the turbo out. I just don't have the time to do it. Perks of a one-off setup. A few years ago on a local dyno with a temp tune, I put down 617whp on e85. I forget the torque, was over 400 though. Temp tune was horrible though, strictly for WOT. Once I get back to driving the car, I'll reach out to Vit to continue tuning.

As for the Hybrid Racing short shifter, it seems cool! The downside, as I've heard, that the shorter the shifts, the more strain it puts on the transmission - which is something else I'll be tackling down the road. I've been on borrowed time with these stock gears!
    I like spherical shaped heavy shift knobs thats all i care about. I actually picked up the hybrid shifter man these short throws are unbelievable. I like it alot.

Finished tuning with Vit made 380ish whp and 265tq he said the 2.5in downpipe is the only thing holding it back from 400. Which sucks cuz it cost 600$ to fab a 3in one. Also for bbg I gotta rewire my boost solenoid to the ecu says vit. Do you guys know if I can use the 3 port one from aem tru boost or do i have to get a 4 port boost solenoid. I would definitely do e85 but the closest one to me is 30 mins away.

Your on 600whp on stock trans??? Im worried about mine at this power... I know these trans are glass.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like spherical shaped heavy shift knobs thats all i care about. I actually picked up the hybrid shifter man these short throws are unbelievable. I like it alot.

Finished tuning with Vit made 380ish whp and 265tq he said the 2.5in downpipe is the only thing holding it back from 400. Which sucks cuz it cost 600$ to fab a 3in one. Also for bbg I gotta rewire my boost solenoid to the ecu says vit. Do you guys know if I can use the 3 port one from aem tru boost or do i have to get a 4 port boost solenoid. I would definitely do e85 but the closest one to me is 30 mins away.

Your on 600whp on stock trans??? Im worried about mine at this power... I know these trans are glass.
    In regards to the transmission being glass, they can last quite a while depending on how you treat them. The reality is these motors make such good numbers with forced induction that the transmissions simply cannot withstand the torque and power (stock K makes 200bhp and can easily make 600whp), yet is exacerbated by the abuse of launches, hard shifts, etc. In reality, when you're at this level of gearhead, you want to bang gears and take names - maybe even cash or pink slips. Having a stock transmission prevents that to an extent, as we run stock transmissions on 'borrowed time'. Though, there are some tranny-saving methods that can be done when you drive to extend our borrowed time!
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 12-07-2016 at 08:45 AM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

What were your other short shifter options? K-tuned? TWM?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I ended up getting the hybrid racing one i think its 60% reduced throw. I love it

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    turbo NSX was every Honda owners dream lol
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Speaz View Post
    turbo NSX was every Honda all the bingo sites dream lol
    Nice build monkee!
    Last edited by Haynie; 08-26-2018 at 05:23 AM.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    turbo NSX was every Honda owners dream lol
    I had one! I miss the heck outta that car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2