Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: My BlackwidowSi Turbo Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

My BlackwidowSi Turbo Build

Heres my newly turbo'd 2007 Civic Si sedan. Turbo was installed by 4130 performance fabrication in NJ since the kit was bought used and was missing a few things. The goal for this car is to be the perfect street/track day/autocross car. It made 216whp na before going boost.

Engine:
    -Srt Turbo kit
    -Precision 5831 turbo
    -ID1000 injectors
    -Aem 320 fuel pump
    -Skunk 2 3in exhaust
    -Hks ssqv 4 bov
    -J35 TB/P2R spacer
    -Hasport 62a rear mount
    -Ngk heat range 8 plugs
    -Hondata Flashpro/ custom tuned by Vitviper
    -Aem truboost controller/guage/4port boost solenoid
    -Aem wideband in Xlr8 guage pod

Transmission:
    -Clutchmasters fx200 kevlar clutch
    -Clutchmasters 9lb flywheel
    -4130 cmc with stainless lines
    -Skunk 2 short shift adapter
    -Custom Flossy shift knob
    -Ktuned aluminum shifter cable bushings

Suspension:
    -Raceland coilovers
    -Tanabe front strut bar
    -Beaks rear tie bar
    -Energy sway bar bushings
    -Buddy club p1 rear camber arms
    -Spc front camber bolts

Wheel/tire:
    -Konig Feather wheels 17x7.5+45
    -Dunlop dz102 summer tiers 225/45/17
    -Ceramic brake pads

Exterior:
    -Hfp front lip with ez lip
    -Mugen rr side skirts
    -Mugen rr rear lip with 3rd brake light
    -Mugen rr wing
    -Eyelid headlight cover
    -8000k hids with white led drls
    -Jdm badges with grfxp overlays

Interior:
    -Jdm steering wheel badge
    -Fd2 red door inserts
    -led dome lights

Currently still tuning with vit but should be done any day now sitting at 13psi. Next mods will be to replace those raceland coils with Ktuned K1's and a 17x9 wheels setup and maybe a retrofit demon eye headlight.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 11-01-2016 at 11:10 AM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Solid build! 4130 Fab is a great place. You'll need some sticky tires soon!

Are you running a returnless fuel setup? Also, super light flywheel! Must sound great

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Thanks! For sure Wayne is a great guy and does awesome work. First thing im gonna do next is get a wider wheel for some sticky tires, but gonna wait till after winter since this is also my daily. Yeah returnless fuel setup for now. I dont plan on running more that 450hp anyways... yet. Also do you or anyone else know where I can get a inlet pipe for this kit since srt doesnt exist anymore?

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Hey, welcome!! Wayne @ 4130 does great work, nothing but great reviews from that place. Nice build dude! How do you like those Dunlops? They're the newer model IIRC.

As for an SRT inlet, I'm not sure. Do you have pictures? Might have to custom make one. I had one custom made for my setup. Then again, I have their one-off top mount on my car. It's the manifold Roger's car had when SRT first came out. And did I read that correctly? SRT doesn't exist?!?!? What happened? I heard Moe had some money issues with customers, don't know how true that is though.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Thanks man! He sure does. He had to fab some piping for me too since the guy that had my kit before destroyed the charge piping. The Dunlops are great for the price. I got them for like 360$ with a coupon code. They handle corners really nicely but I prefer Bridgestone potenza re760s more they had better grip straight light and in cornering.

Right now its just open which sketches me out cuz i dont want anything flying into my turbo. Yeah Waynes looking into making one for me but its a tight space so we're not sure yet. I have the v1 manifold I believe. Yup thats what I read!! I heard SRT just stopped responding to everyone and they were really backed up on orders and just closed up shop. I tried calling them and emailing everything is disconnected.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phomonkee View Post
    Thanks man! He sure does. He had to fab some piping for me too since the guy that had my kit before destroyed the charge piping. The Dunlops are great for the price. I got them for like 360$ with a coupon code. They handle corners really nicely but I prefer Bridgestone potenza re760s more they had better grip straight light and in cornering.

Right now its just open which sketches me out cuz i dont want anything flying into my turbo. Yeah Waynes looking into making one for me but its a tight space so we're not sure yet. I have the v1 manifold I believe. Yup thats what I read!! I heard SRT just stopped responding to everyone and they were really backed up on orders and just closed up shop. I tried calling them and emailing everything is disconnected.
    Cool build! I had Potenza re760s for a while, good tire! I see you're running the NKG 8's. Eventually when you change plugs, I suggest going for the BKR9EIX's gapped to .018 as the 8's are just one step from the stock heat range 7 plugs. Not a big deal, but important for your tuner to know. Although I'm sure Vit has talked about it. And damn man, lemme see that Flossy knob!! I met the owner of flossy a long time ago. He had the purple NSX!

I understand your paranoia, I wouldn't run an open turbo - just my .02. It's important to keep the system clean. Dust, pebbles, water, oh jeez the damage that can happen. That's mostly dependent on the type of conditions you're driving in though. I remember the V1 manifold - people gave SRT so much crap for how it looked, but it made good power! People called it the 'Mona Lisa' of manifolds. "What's up Mona!"

Crazy that SRT just up and left. Hopefully they're closing doors to catch up on work, though I doubt it. Sometimes the big guys are the ones in more debt. Food for thought... Anyways, IIRC the first gen intake was similar to the Full Race intake for the 8th gens on their first gen kits. Look into that, might help you and Wayne.

Cheers mate! Welcome to the community! Looking forward to more pictures and stuff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    Cool build! I had Potenza re760s for a while, good tire! I see you're running the NKG 8's. Eventually when you change plugs, I suggest going for the BKR9EIX's gapped to .018 as the 8's are just one step from the stock heat range 7 plugs. Not a big deal, but important for your tuner to know. Although I'm sure Vit has talked about it. And damn man, lemme see that Flossy knob!! I met the owner of flossy a long time ago. He had the purple NSX!

I understand your paranoia, I wouldn't run an open turbo - just my .02. It's important to keep the system clean. Dust, pebbles, water, oh jeez the damage that can happen. That's mostly dependent on the type of conditions you're driving in though. I remember the V1 manifold - people gave SRT so much crap for how it looked, but it made good power! People called it the 'Mona Lisa' of manifolds. "What's up Mona!"

Crazy that SRT just up and left. Hopefully they're closing doors to catch up on work, though I doubt it. Sometimes the big guys are the ones in more debt. Food for thought... Anyways, IIRC the first gen intake was similar to the Full Race intake for the 8th gens on their first gen kits. Look into that, might help you and Wayne.

Cheers mate! Welcome to the community! Looking forward to more pictures and stuff
    Wayne told me to go heat range 8 and for sure Vit knows. I love my flossy knob! it weighs like 1.5lbs ill post a pic of it in a bit. Yeah it sketches me out completely. Im sure Wayne can make it is just 2 bends, the thing we're worried about is the turbo is so close to the trans it might be hard to fit a coupler on with the pipe. Lol cant see anything anyways its all behind the motor. I cant even see my wastegate and dumptube :/

Are you running boost by gear? im curious to see what people usually have their boost levels at for that.

Feedback Score
    Wayne told me to go heat range 8 and for sure Vit knows. I love my flossy knob! it weighs like 1.5lbs ill post a pic of it in a bit. Yeah it sketches me out completely. Im sure Wayne can make it is just 2 bends, the thing we're worried about is the turbo is so close to the trans it might be hard to fit a coupler on with the pipe. Lol cant see anything anyways its all behind the motor. I cant even see my wastegate and dumptube :/

Are you running boost by gear? im curious to see what people usually have their boost levels at for that.
    Damn, heavy knob! In for pics. I'm sure he can do it right. Such a shame with a bottom mount, can't see all the goods!

I was running boost by gear, but no longer have my car. Bullshit accident, got totaled. Not that you could see my go fast parts in my 'engine bay' anyway lol. I had a turbo NSX. I'm sure [MENTION=2]Si Speed 317[/MENTION] can chime in on his setup.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Cool, as long as they know. I've only seen Flossy knobs online, with no legit reviews on em in this community. I personally rock a TWM M1 Abrams. Heavy, counter-weighted, counter-sunk, and looks good. No complaints here! As for the intake and the goods, I have confidence Wayne can fab up whatever you need. I got a top-mount manifold from SRT because of ease of installation, easy intake fab (90* 4" charge pipe, super simple), and no tapping of the pan - which I'll be doing anyway over the winter haha.

I am running BBG. ~4psi in 1st (wastegate only), 8psi in 2nd, 12psi 3rd, ~19psi in 4th, 5th, and 6th. Works well for me on street tires. I need to run some drag radials though. And I still need to finish tuning with Vit, it's been years. Hope he can still do it.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    turbo NSX was every Honda owners dream lol
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast