Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Fuel Injectors

Junior Member SouthBay Fuel Injectors's Avatar
    Feedback Score

Dirty Fuel Injectors

A customer brought in his injectors for us to check on our bench. Thought you would like to see a pic of the before and after spray pattern.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 12-29-2013 at 04:32 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Huge difference!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Although there are many factors, what typically causes this? Poor fuel sock/filter? Poor gas? Does that in-tank fuel injector cleaner help?

Feedback Score
    Your right...there are many factors. Bad fuel, dirt or debris in your fuel system, varnish build up around the diffuser, not running the car, etc. The picture that I posted isn't typical, but believe me we do see plenty like this. As far as the fuel injector cleaners go, you have to be careful with them. They do work, however, it depends on the condition of the injectors and your fuel system. Whatever dirt breaks loose from the cleaner flows through the lines and ultimately gets into your injectors. It only takes a microscopic piece of debris to partially or totally occlude the opening. Also keep in mind that you're unable to visualize the end result...such as quality of spray pattern and whether or not the injectors flow within spec after using the cleaner.

Want to see something crazy, I'll post a video of a set of Marine injectors on our bench before and after service.
    Last edited by SouthBay Fuel Injectors; 12-29-2013 at 05:33 PM.

Feedback Score
    Before & After Volvo Penta 5.7 Marine Injectors. This customer was having running issues with top end rpm lag. RPM's were down by 1200 at WOT.... Pretty cool huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBzRHTdaeY

Last edited by SouthBay Fuel Injectors; 12-29-2013 at 05:29 PM.

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthBay Fuel Injectors View Post
    Before & After Volvo Penta 5.7 Marine Injectors. This customer was having running issue with top end rpm lag. RPM's were down by 1200 at WOT.... Pretty cool huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMBzRHTdaeY

That's incredible, what a difference! Going to have you guys check my injectors for this upcoming season, or I'll likely go with your 2200cc injectors. AWESOME stuff right here.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Please, come down any time. We'll be happy to put them up on the bench for you. We have a walk-in shop. If we are not too busy you can hang out and watch your injectors in action! As far as injectors are concerned you can get them from the eShop, however if you have any questions we will be more than happy to help you!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    yea this is very true, i have the luck to have a shop 5min from my home that provides the cleaning servc and at one point when i purchased my previous set of used 1000cc inj, we were having issues cold starting the motor on 93oct fuel.

My last resort was getting them cleaned and before cleaning and what not, the inj were flowing @ only 880+cc's.
    After the service they were dead on!!

Nice to have a company like yall on board.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    Thank you, it's great to be here. Once again, we will always be more than happy to help with whatever we can.
    Wow, 5 minutes away? You are lucky!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    [MENTION=1016]SouthBay Fuel Injectors[/MENTION]

So heres a small question for ya,

With ya'lls expertise and years of doing this, on a non performance vehicle daily driver with high mileage lets say 130k+, how would one detect a bad flowing injector if there really isnt much symptoms of issues. Will the bad flowing inj only show signs of breaking up at wot as for part throttle driving and idle.

Hope im not confusing
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast