Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast

Thread: It's a 9thgen EH!?

Feedback Score

It's a 9thgen EH!?

Well guys I thought I'd finally join the group since I was invited to earlier.
    My car is a 2014 Civic SI, that I planned on getting as a new daily and leaving completely stock but after about 7-8 months of owning it I decided to do a mild setup which consisted of a Kraftwerks supercharger(120mm pulley) and Skunk2 header with the stock exhaust to keep it somewhat under the radar. The car was a fun daily that managed a 12.85@110mph with one somewhat clean pass on slicks(slipping stock clutch).
    My Kraftwerks supercharger was removed and sold yesterday so I'm starting to shape up some plans for my build over the winter. As of right now we're looking to do a custom sidewinder setup for my 9thgen since it's something not seen on this chassis, the car will have custom downpipe, dumptube, charge piping, endtanks on my Garrett core intercooler, It will also consist of a Borg Warner 62mm turbo, Turbosmart 45mm wastegate and BOV. This season I'll be running 100% stock motor and shooting for 400whp/330wtq on 91 pump gas and hopefully near the 500whp range on racefuel. Any advice, criticism, comments feel free to post, I'd appreciate all types of feedback/input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mitchellmccarthy; 12-24-2015 at 11:59 PM.

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchellmccarthy View Post
    Well guys I thought I'd finally join the group since I was invited to earlier.
    My car is a 2014 Civic SI, that I planned on getting as a new daily and leaving completely stock but after about 7-8 months of owning it I decided to do a mild setup which consisted of a Kraftwerks supercharger(120mm pulley) and Skunk2 header with the stock exhaust to keep it somewhat under the radar. The car was a fun daily that managed a 12.85@110mph with one somewhat clean pass on slicks(slipping stock clutch).
    My Kraftwerks supercharger was removed and sold yesterday so I'm starting to shape up some plans for my build over the winter. As of right now we're looking to do a custom sidewinder setup for my 9thgen since it's something not seen on this chassis, the car will have custom downpipe, dumptube, charge piping, endtanks on my Garrett core intercooler, It will also consist of a Borg Warner 62mm turbo, Turbosmart 45mm wastegate and BOV. This season I'll be running 100% stock motor and shooting for 400whp/330wtq on 91 pump gas and hopefully near the 500whp range on racefuel. Any advice, criticism, comments feel free to post, I'd appreciate all types of feedback/input.

Ah I asked in the other thread if it was your first time running boost. Funny enough, you came over from the blower community! I see you ran a 120mm pulley, I thought the Kraftwerks kit was unmodifiable? Any details on that?

Looking forward to seeing your build man. Welcome to the forum! Sidewinder would be awesome. [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] just set his up with a BW snail as well. The 8th gen guys make over 500 on stock block no problem, how can it be tolerated on the K24's?

Feedback Score

It's a 9thgen EH!?

Thanks for the welcome!
    I accidentally made 2 threads :\
    With the 9thgens the Kraftwerks kit come with the 120mm pulley vs 110mm on the 8th because of the bigger crank pulley they wanted to keep the kit around ~10psi so it didn't exceed the stock map sensor but you can pulley down to the 110mm without overspinning the blower so that should hit 12.5-13psi but I've decided to move on before trying it.

Sidewinder may be kind of odd with the k24z7 integrated head design(single port exhaust) so I may go the same route as PRL/Fullrace did with their manifolds.
    Despite the head design the 9ths are doing quite well with turbo setups most keeping them in the 400-430whp 330-350wtq area on pump gas, I remember PRL hit 520whp 415wtq on theirs(stock motor) with e85 using a Precision 5858.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've been trying to bring some 9th gens on the boards for a while! TSX's as well, but no go.
    Thanks for the welcome!
    I accidentally made 2 threads :\
    With the 9thgens the Kraftwerks kit come with the 120mm pulley vs 110mm on the 8th because of the bigger crank pulley they wanted to keep the kit around ~10psi so it didn't exceed the stock map sensor but you can pulley down to the 110mm without overspinning the blower so that should hit 12.5-13psi but I've decided to move on before trying it.

Sidewinder may be kind of odd with the k24z7 integrated head design(single port exhaust) so I may go the same route as PRL/Fullrace did with their manifolds.
    Despite the head design the 9ths are doing quite well with turbo setups most keeping them in the 400-430whp 330-350wtq area on pump gas, I remember PRL hit 520whp 415wtq on theirs(stock motor) with e85 using a Precision 5858.

Good info! Keep us updated with the build! Very interested to see how things are done on the 9th gens! Car looks great, glad I ran into you via instagram!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    I loved the kraftwerks setup but I'll be excited to see that snail in there!

Feedback Score

It's a 9thgen EH!?

Thanks man, I can't wait to start on this! Hopefully doing a big order on parts soon. Here in Nova Scotia Canada we have some pretty poor quality 91oct so I think I'll have 2 separate maps, one for low boost that will be pretty conservative and a more aggressive tune possibly with a water/meth setup to get the most out of it... tuner wise I'm kind of undecided haha🤔

Last edited by mitchellmccarthy; 01-30-2016 at 09:23 PM.

Feedback Score
    Seems to be pretty promising to work with the water/meth setup, if the kits failsafe is tripped it signals the Guardian Angel to dump boost protecting the motor.... What do you guys think?🤔

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seems to be pretty promising to work with the water/meth setup, if the kits failsafe is tripped it signals the Guardian Angel to dump boost protecting the motor.... What do you guys think?🤔

Personally, I'm skeptical. One malfunction and kaboom. Then again, it's the same way with tunes and boost and whatnot. I suggest looking for reviews and not being the guinea pig for that, if that would be the case. If all is well, I don't see why it's not worth the shot.

Hope that Canadian dollar boosts back up, so you can get this build under way!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    Personally, I'm skeptical. One malfunction and kaboom. Then again, it's the same way with tunes and boost and whatnot. I suggest looking for reviews and not being the guinea pig for that, if that would be the case. If all is well, I don't see why it's not worth the shot.

Hope that Canadian dollar boosts back up, so you can get this build under way!
    Alot of ST guys use them as well as speed3/6 owners but I haven't seen anything where someone's meth failed while having this rigged up. I know 2 guys here locally that have been running the AEM water/meth kit for 7-8 years between the two of them and never had any issues whatsoever but I still don't have confidence in it and I need something better than 91 to push the car😕

Feedback Score
    Finally picked up the main ingredient for my build, got a good deal from a friend

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast