Thread: marsman328's Sheepey Built DC5 Build

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys!

Power goal is 600whp on this setup.
    I will probably get a more conservative street tune for now since I am still running stock trans and axles....
    I don't want to completely ruin the trans yet lol

The wiring I'm not looking forward to finishing, but it should turn out all good in the end!!

I do plan to have the car running and tuned by mid January!! ill be posting more updates as they come

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marsman328 View Post
    Thanks guys!

Power goal is 600whp on this setup.
    I will probably get a more conservative street tune for now since I am still running stock trans and axles....
    I don't want to completely ruin the trans yet lol

The wiring I'm not looking forward to finishing, but it should turn out all good in the end!!

I do plan to have the car running and tuned by mid January!! ill be posting more updates as they come
    I like the goals and conservative tune part. Reality is, the trans can go at any time. Are you running an LSD? IIRC the DC5's didn't come with one, just the Si's? I'm with [MENTION=1]BoostedK20[/MENTION] on that one, wiring is one thing I hated doing on my car. Even the basic stuff, it's just not my forte. I'm definitely in for those upcoming updates! As for your build running my mid-Jan, do you think anything will possible limit you? I know there is always unforeseen stuff that comes up, but I'm JW.

Hey man, I know it can be annoying but I think snapping a few pics while doing things could really help people out that want to do things but don't have the money to pay a shop. They can DIY and learn at the same time. I'm not a K-series guy but it would be cool to those in need. Maybe even those that aren't K-series related like how to do basic wiring shit. Idk, I'm just thinking it could be helpful lol. Cheers either way, don't wanna put you on the spot. I just remember when I was doing my build a lot of people PM'd me asking about how to do things or how I did things. I never took any pictures because I had a desktop computer and still use a flip phone. I could draw a better picture than my phone can take - and I can't draw for shit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanket View Post
    niice spot for fusebox
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    I like the goals and conservative tune part. Reality is, the trans can go at any time. Are you running an LSD? IIRC the DC5's didn't come with one, just the Si's? I'm with [MENTION=1]BoostedK20[/MENTION] on that one, wiring is one thing I hated doing on my car. Even the basic stuff, it's just not my forte. I'm definitely in for those upcoming updates! As for your build running my mid-Jan, do you think anything will possible limit you? I know there is always unforeseen stuff that comes up, but I'm JW.
    Money is the only thing holding me back at this point to finish. I've spent..... $(a large sum of money)... just in the past 3 months to get it ready for SEMA, and i have a couple thousand left to spend, so I'm just saving my pennies to finish up by the end of the year. (tune, brake booster delete kit, fluids, misc parts, misc fittings)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoolin_VTEC View Post
    Hey man, I know it can be annoying but I think snapping a few pics while doing things could really help people out that want to do things but don't have the money to pay a shop. They can DIY and learn at the same time. I'm not a K-series guy but it would be cool to those in need. Maybe even those that aren't K-series related like how to do basic wiring shit. Idk, I'm just thinking it could be helpful lol. Cheers either way, don't wanna put you on the spot. I just remember when I was doing my build a lot of people PM'd me asking about how to do things or how I did things. I never took any pictures because I had a desktop computer and still use a flip phone. I could draw a better picture than my phone can take - and I can't draw for shit.
    i am the type of guy that takes pictures of everything lol

i have a lot of pictures that i have not posted yet, i always take a lot of pictures, so ill be posting more updates as the build slowly gets finished.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by marsman328 View Post
    Thanks man.

Money is the only thing holding me back at this point to finish. I've spent..... $(a large sum of money)... just in the past 3 months to get it ready for SEMA, and i have a couple thousand left to spend, so I'm just saving my pennies to finish up by the end of the year. (tune, brake booster delete kit, fluids, misc parts, misc fittings)

i am the type of guy that takes pictures of everything lol

i have a lot of pictures that i have not posted yet, i always take a lot of pictures, so ill be posting more updates as the build slowly gets finished.
    Glad you take pictures of everything, that's a good habit to have! I remember times where I wish I could remember how something went before I took it apart, and I always hear the 'well if you had a smart phone you could take a picture' line. Cool man, looking forward to your updates and pictures for sure!

Also, money is definitely a holder-backer. I saw a video meme on facebook earlier today about 'oh you need to work on your car? I got exactly the tool you need!' and it's a massive tool chest. The guy pulls out the drawer and it's all $100 bills. I was

Feedback Score
    lol thats pretty much the reality of it!