Thread: Product Review: Vittuned Boost Control Amplifier

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Product Review: Vittuned Boost Control Amplifier

I recently had the pleasure of testing out Vit's new boost control amplifier: VitTuned Boost Solenoid Amplifier (aka PWM Booster) - Boost Control/Vacuum Blocks - Products
    This device boosts the signal for the boost control solenoid circuit as the signal from the stock ecu is not powerful enough to properly operate the solenoid. This gives much more consistent boost control, even more effective quick spool, and no more up and down boost through the pull like before:

Look at the insane torque increase in the mid range, nothing else on the car was changed, just the amplifier and an adjustment of the tune:

My impressions: The car feels fantastic, even more powerful and notably more torque than before. I cannot even explain how quickly the car gets to 0 vac and begins to build boost, you can see in the graphs how much sooner it builds boost, but this does not do it justice, you have to feel it and experience it. The boost control is more consistent so the car pulls consistently through the gears rather than boost going up and down and thus power going up and down something that after enough seat time you can definitely feel. It also makes the boost control more predictable, no more 1 duty cycle = 1 psi or sometimes 2 psi, it seems every 3-4 duty cycle creates 1 more psi, so you can be much more comfortable adding duty cycle to your boost tables. Ultimately, this device makes the boost controller work the way it truly should, and it is fantastic!

The install was about as simple as they come, 1 power source, switched or unswitched. I chose an unswitched source - the fuse box in the bay as the booster is only taking power when the solenoid is active, which will only be active when the car is running. Vit also said it's power draw while off would be so small it would not matter, seems to be working just fine for me, car starts right up every time with no hesitation, even quicker than my GF's bone stock 2006 civic ex The rest of the install includes two ground wires that on the 8th gen si can share the same ground and even the same ground ring. Then you have one wire go to port b2 which is the boost control output on the ecu, and finally finish it up with the two boost control solenoid wires going to the screw terminals on the amplifier itself. Easy as pie. If you can install a turbo kit or even something as simple as the boost control solenoid, you can easily do this, and you can easily add this in after the fact as I did. Took no more than 30 mins to install and I am known for working slow

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    I am in the market for one also. That is crazy insane on the increase of midrange you get. Post vids!!!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ksboi View Post
    I am in the market for one also. That is crazy insane on the increase of midrange you get. Post vids!!!
    I will. 4th gear broke like 1 day after these graphs were made. I just got a gopro as well so once it's back on he road this coming weekend I'll take some good videos.

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    any photos of product and install?
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The link has a photo of it, and I didn't take any install pictures as it's extremely straight forward and where you mount it/wire it in will depend on where you want it and where your solenoid currently is. I wired mine directly to the in bay fuse box.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good review [MENTION=185]aLmk[/MENTION], I had no idea Vit came out with this! Definitely interesting to say the least. I would like to see a comparison of a 'finished' tune without the amplifier vs with it, with near identical independent variables. That would be a great comparison to have, it would really show the true effectiveness of this product. Back in the 8th days 4-5 years ago, there were always 2 considerations for voltage amplification to better suit our setups: FP and EBC. I remember Nick (Supa Ninja) was all about the Kenne Bell boost-a-pump, but no one ever went through with the EBC!

I'm happy to see someone stepped up and created an EBC amplifier, especially since it's [MENTION=789]VitViper[/MENTION]. Post a picture of your finished product! Because we all know...

+Repped for the information

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    The comparison is finished tune vs finished tune. The PWM booster owns the stock circuit, you guys have no idea how bad that stock PWM output is til you try this bad boy.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VitViper View Post
    The comparison is finished tune vs finished tune. The PWM booster owns the stock circuit, you guys have no idea how bad that stock PWM output is til you try this bad boy.
    I was under the impression he was still tuning, whoops I'm looking forward to other reviews and trying this for myself in the future!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    He's actually been to the track after the addition of the booster and set a personal best, 11.5!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea and I'd say the booster alone was worth at least .2 off my 1/4 time, and helped me tune it down to the 11.5 pass.