Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

Thread: Drag chat

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For starters. I dont recommend burnouts with street tires. At most go around the wet box and spin the tires to heat them just a bit. And follow steps 6 on.

1) lower tire pressures to around 20-25 psi (street tire) slicks are much lower. Around 8-12 psi.

2) pull up in the burnout box, spin wheels to wet tire

3) pull just outside the wet box.

4) put in 2nd gear and rev motor up to around 6k

5) quickly release clutch and continue to throttle the motor until you gain some traction and pull up to the tree.

6) pull forward very slowly and light the first set of staging bulbs.

7) wait for opponent to light theirs (this is called curtesy staging)

8) light up the second set of staging bulbs

9) once your opponent has lighten up both of his you go ahead and get your rpms up to where you wanna launch at.

10) when the lights start going you'll have 3 yellow lights light up then the green.

If you wait till the green lights up you'll have a horrible reaction time.

You want start slipping your clutch when the 3rd yellow Is lit.
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adm_rsx View Post
    For starters. I dont recommend burnouts with street tires. At most go around the wet box and spin the tires to heat them just a bit. And follow steps 6 on.

1) lower tire pressures to around 20-25 psi (street tire) slicks are much lower. Around 8-12 psi.

2) pull up in the burnout box, spin wheels to wet tire

3) pull just outside the wet box.

4) put in 2nd gear and rev motor up to around 6k

5) quickly release clutch and continue to throttle the motor until you gain some traction and pull up to the tree.

6) pull forward very slowly and light the first set of staging bulbs.

7) wait for opponent to light theirs (this is called curtesy staging)

8) light up the second set of staging bulbs

9) once your opponent has lighten up both of his you go ahead and get your rpms up to where you wanna launch at.

10) when the lights start going you'll have 3 yellow lights light up then the green.

If you wait till the green lights up you'll have a horrible reaction time.

You want start slipping your clutch when the 3rd yellow Is lit.
    Great info, thanks Adam. I don't know if I should preload my transmission/clutch because I'm still on my stock clutch and tranny, I don't want to bust anything.. yet. It seems self explanatory, I was told by JoTech (current fastest 06-11 Si in a 1/4 mile) to run 18psi in my Nitto NT555R radials, and launch at 3k rpm... I guess we'll see how that goes! Any other suggestions? Again, I know practically nothing. Also, if I do a 2nd gear burnout shouldn't I start in first? This is my DD and on my stock clutch

Also, I read something about needing to wear pants?
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 07-27-2011 at 01:22 AM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok sorry. I got lazy and didn't want to wrote anymore. Lol.

Pants are a yes. Tracks require you to wear pants to run your car.

Since your car is turbo'd you'll need a helmet cuz I'm positive you'll do better then a 13.9.

Also as for preloading. I don't but I do position my clutch just to where it wants to engage and then I release just after the 3rd yellow lights up.

When I do a 2nd gear burn out I don't go from 1st-2nd. I just rev high enough in 2nd to get the wheels to spin and the power does the rest.

Again I keep forgetting your on street tires.

If I were you I would:

Go around the water box

Do a small 1st gear burnout

And continue to stage.

As for Jo tech telling you 3k launch....it varies between cars and drivers. You'll just have to see what's best for you and your car AND the track.
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yea, I bogged pretty bad at 3k. My first run was horrible. My radials had like 28psi, I launched at 5k and spun like a mogo, and I was too amped up. I ran a 14.9 @ 102. My second run was better, tires were at 17.5psi, launched at 3k. Ran a 14.2 @ 102. My last run was the best of the three, tires were the same and I launched at 4k. Spun a bit, but landed a 13.8 @ 103. Can't get why I didn't trap higher though... Here's my best run from last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaNM8KZZJgE
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 07-28-2011 at 12:37 PM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What size are your radials? And your street tires?
    Tire slayer

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got the radials for $20 used from a friend, they're 245/45/17 Decent amount left on them too. Street tires are 245/40/17

My Ruckus Build

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    I got the radials for $20 used from a friend, they're 245/45/17 Decent amount left on them too. Street tires are 245/40/17
    Ok I was just worried they were way smaller then your street tires and they were working against you but they seem to be right. My all motor mph was around 101. And I had a conservative street tune. Which just leads me to believe the turbo is just too small to produce you much more.
    Tire slayer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2