Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3

Thread: Bushguts 2013 Mustang GT build (revised) pics and video

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds mean! Loving the install, very clean and professional build! How are you feeling about it? Happy about everything? The build, tune, results??

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I try to do nothing short of quality parts. The car feels a lot different now as it should with more power. Driveability is great. Power all around. This seems to be the ideal setup next to boost. Anymore power would not get put to the ground. It snaps the speedo fast and feels strong down low all the way to the top

When I did just the cai,boss,x pipe, I had less down low because of the boss Mani. It shifted my power from down low to up top. It didn't open up until 5k rpms, then it came alive. The headers gained that low end back now.

On a 30 roll in 3rd I slam the gas and it accelerates just as if it was in 1st on the previous setup. Those headers really woke the car up. I love the way it feels. I did lose that snap crackle pop sound from the exhaust I used to get but that's gone now. No more turbulence. Its smooth sounding like an exotic. The exhaust did get much much louder now but the drone I used to have at 2k rpms is completely gone due to better airflow. I do hear a bunch more air flowing through the headers now.

I will make it to the track soon to see my gains. Videos of track day will follow.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUSHGUTS View Post
    Thanks. I try to do nothing short of quality parts. The car feels a lot different now as it should with more power. Driveability is great. Power all around. This seems to be the ideal setup next to boost. Anymore power would not get put to the ground. It snaps the speedo fast and feels strong down low all the way to the top

When I did just the cai,boss,x pipe, I had less down low because of the boss Mani. It shifted my power from down low to up top. It didn't open up until 5k rpms, then it came alive. The headers gained that low end back now.

On a 30 roll in 3rd I slam the gas and it accelerates just as if it was in 1st on the previous setup. Those headers really woke the car up. I love the way it feels. I did lose that snap crackle pop sound from the exhaust I used to get but that's gone now. No more turbulence. Its smooth sounding like an exotic. The exhaust did get much much louder now but the drone I used to have at 2k rpms is completely gone due to better airflow. I do hear a bunch more air flowing through the headers now.

I will make it to the track soon to see my gains. Videos of track day will follow.
    It's all in good fun, glad everything woke up so well. Looking forward to the track day videos!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    UPDATE:

went to the track. i will start off by saying this. anyone that is an avid racer and really knows anything about cars, they will understand this saying...its easy to drive a slow car fast, and hard to drive a fast car fast. the more power you have the harder it is to put down to the ground.

with my new setup power is everywhere so i had to play with many variables. biggest issue was the inexperienced driving through the water box dragging water all over to the staging line. i try many different methods. launch points, shift points, playing with psi.

started launching at 2k and went up in 500 increments all the way to 4500k. shifting at 7k all the way to shifting at 7500. almost dumping the clutch all the way to slowly slipping it. it was a lot of trial and tribulation but i finally figured out how this car likes to launch.

best method, 18 psi, 4k slip, 7k shift points.

heres my in car and outside view of my best run. all day i averaged 12.0-12.1 @117mph. there is more in her once i get more practice at it. so hard to launch that much power without spinning my radials.

slip was

60' 1.78
    330 5.05
    1/8 7.71@92
    1000 9.99
    1/4 11.90@115

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDXijr5PNMc
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIBUdi8xnRc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3