Thread: Turbo manifold

Feedback Score
    I run a pt5558 .82 and manage 460fwhp at 1bar

Pretty much anything around gt30 sort of sizing works well

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry6262 View Post
    Try a precision 5858 should get you to your power goal fairly Easyer. I run a 6262 and I'm around that power with 9 psi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    I run a pt5558 .82 and manage 460fwhp at 1bar

Pretty much anything around gt30 sort of sizing works well
    Both of these, well all 3, are great options. The goal here, [MENTION=1228]sstream[/MENTION], is to not barely make your power goal because your system will be limited in one or more aspects for the future when you want to make some more power. It will also result in parts not lasting as long/lack of safety for your motor. A GT30R, PT5558, PT5858, and even a 6262 will all hit your power goal and make over 500whp as well. And that's at less than 20psi for all of them (depending on supporting mods, of course). The importance is not the power you will make, but HOW you will make the power. If you use a little GT28R, which I had on my first build, you will have great mid-range power in your powerband but will be limited at the top end due to our higher redline. If you go with any of the 3 we all suggested, as examples, you will still have great power mid powerband but really pulls up top. And when you're racing/spirited driving, you're at the top of your powerband nearly the entire time.

I suggest a sidewinder or top-mount manifold for your setup. Do you know what is available around you? I KNOW we can make this setup work. The option [MENTION=1230]Gerry6262[/MENTION] could work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320781364573
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 12-05-2015 at 12:12 PM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Both of these, well all 3, are great options. The goal here, [MENTION=1228]sstream[/MENTION], is to not barely make your power goal because your system will be limited in one or more aspects for the future when you want to make some more power. It will also result in parts not lasting as long/lack of safety for your motor. A GT30R, PT5558, PT5858, and even a 6262 will all hit your power goal and make over 500whp as well. And that's at less than 20psi for all of them (depending on supporting mods, of course). The importance is not the power you will make, but HOW you will make the power. If you use a little GT28R, which I had on my first build, you will have great mid-range power in your powerband but will be limited at the top end due to our higher redline. If you go with any of the 3 we all suggested, as examples, you will still have great power mid powerband but really pulls up top. And when you're racing/spirited driving, you're at the top of your powerband nearly the entire time.

I suggest a sidewinder or top-mount manifold for your setup. Do you know what is available around you? I KNOW we can make this setup work. The option [MENTION=1230]Gerry6262[/MENTION] will work: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/320781364573
    Isn't that a PLM mani? If so needs modding to fit a UK k20a2

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    Isn't that a PLM mani? If so needs modding to fit a UK k20a2
    The site says K-Teller, and I edited my post to 'could' work. Didn't mean it to be a definite fit, I don't know the UK chassis. But I'm trying to help this guy out. What are restrictions that need to be worked around?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Didn't mean anything by it mate, no worries.

I only asked as it looks very much like a PLM,

When bolted on it gives little to no room for even the most compact wastegate due to the path the water lines take. So this is sorted by moving it towards the T3 flange slightly. Gives a bit more space and improves Gate placement a little too.

Other issue is once everything is bolted up it gives no great option for where to send the dump tube as the manifold is kinda in its own way if you follow me. Currently working on getting a viable route for the dump tube providing it fits down between the gearbox and the steering rack

Should know writhing next couple of days. Will fire a load of pics up. When we get there.....

We also found the bolt holes in the flange line up very well

Feedback Score
    The manifold shouldn't need modding remove the water bypass valve and lengthen the water hose and should be fine
    Last edited by Gerry6262; 12-05-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Feedback Score
    There is company called solid fabrications and they have really nice sidewinder

Wysłane z mojego D2303 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Feedback Score
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...92091990894594

Feedback Score
    I will go for this one

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sstream View Post
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...92091990894594

Looks good! What turbo will you be mating it with? And do they have a downpipe for it or can you get any downpipe? I have a top-mount, so I don't know how downpipes work with sidewinder setups.

My Ruckus Build

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast