Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast

Thread: Forging advice.

Feedback Score

Forging advice.

Hey fellas. After some opinions if you wouldn't mind.

Currently have a k20a2 ep3 type R with pt5558 and sidewinder on an oem unopened block. Totally stock.

Currently most I run is 1bar of boost on very rare occasions. Usually run 420fwbhp max.

For piece of mind I'm thinking about forging a spare block.

What is needed, what is worth just doing whilst your in there working on the block, and what isn't needed?

Currently on parts I have ready to go are 86mm 9:1 wiseco Pistons and eagle rods. Is upping to 10:1 compression worth it?

Plan was to use oem bearings, super tech valve springs and retainers, oem valves, replace valve guides and seals, oem sleeves.

Hoping for an extremely reliable setup, around 500-550fly hp and let the engine make whatever torque it wants to.

I know you guys in the U.S. Run that sort of setup on stock blocks.

Any thoughts on the plans? Criticism welcome.

Thanks

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION] [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION] are a few great people to chime in on these spare motor build questions!

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Thanks man.

Tuners seem to want to sell you everything is all. Will be home built too, any tips on this? Links on how to etc? Have an engineering background so most things will be done anyway. Info on Things like checking clearances for bearings, ring clearances, piston to bore clearance etc would be cool

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Look here brah hope u take my personal advice and keep it simple and itll last and be worth it.

Stock sleeve,
    86.5mm pistons and rod combo,
    oem bearings,
    ARP headstuds
    upgrade valvesprings only and valve seals.

Easy with the right fuel setup you'll reach that goal.

http://realstreetperformance.com/Sho...-Your-Block_8/
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    9:1 compression is am excellent ratio. Going 10:1 will work also. But the more compression you add the better the fuel you'll need.

As [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] said stock bore or +.5mm is good as to keep the sleeves thick. Also helps keep heat down. Springs and retainers are a good idea.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score
    Thanks for that fellas, in the UK fuel isn't really an issue as 97-99ron (different system to stateside) so 10:1 should be fine

Any reason not to stay 86mm? Only as as the Pistons I already have are 86mm so seems daft boring the block to fit different Pistons unless 86.5 has a big advantage?

That all sounds simple enough what you have said and it we actually sort of what I wanted to hear lol.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    Thanks for that fellas, in the UK fuel isn't really an issue as 97-99ron (different system to stateside) so 10:1 should be fine

Any reason not to stay 86mm? Only as as the Pistons I already have are 86mm so seems daft boring the block to fit different Pistons unless 86.5 has a big advantage?

That all sounds simple enough what you have said and it we actually sort of what I wanted to hear lol.
    Staying 86mm is fine as well.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer

Feedback Score
    Sweet. Thought there might have been a specific reason, though choice of Pistons seems to be better at 86.5mm

Feedback Score
    Does lower compression make the turbo any laggier or anything?

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonezy View Post
    Sweet. Thought there might have been a specific reason, though choice of Pistons seems to be better at 86.5mm
    That's because when you pull the motor apart you usually bore and hone it to give a nice fresh surface and 86.5mm is your next step.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    Tire slayer

Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast