Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Another FA5 Build

Feedback Score
    Got my used oem TCT in been babying the hell out of the car.

I need help guys.
    my timing chain tensioner is making crazy noises at first startup.
    I think it's from no oil pressure at first but I'm not 100%
    I need help figuring out why it's doing it.

Side note-
    So new look.
    I'm loving it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well a lot has happened since I last updated this.

Traded wheels, motor blew up, sold exhaust, and as of a couple months ago got another 06 k24a2 and threw the whole longblock in because the head and block were unusable. And in the process I powder coated some things.

If I'm being honest I hate my new wheels and I really miss the 14-15 si wheels. Like a lot they were like my favorite wheels

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, more info on the motor build! And those wheels look good man, although the OEMs are quite the lookers. In my opinion, it's about a mix of looks and function!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Si Speed 317 View Post
    Wow, more info on the motor build! And those wheels look good man, although the OEMs are quite the lookers. In my opinion, it's about a mix of looks and function!
    Well at the moment it's a completely stock 06 k24a2 longblock. The plan for the moment is get it back to where it need to be as far as making it all one color working out all the kinks. Then once all that is done I'll be rebuilding the transmission, then once that's done I should be done parting together a turbo kit. It's gonna be a much different type of turbo build. Ooh yeah the turbo motor is already sitting in my room. I have the original k20z3 bottom end that came out of it that's what's getting built for the turbo.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by builtfa5ftw View Post
    Well at the moment it's a completely stock 06 k24a2 longblock. The plan for the moment is get it back to where it need to be as far as making it all one color working out all the kinks. Then once all that is done I'll be rebuilding the transmission, then once that's done I should be done parting together a turbo kit. It's gonna be a much different type of turbo build. Ooh yeah the turbo motor is already sitting in my room. I have the original k20z3 bottom end that came out of it that's what's getting built for the turbo.

I understand. Visual pleasures are a big aspect. I have different front wheels on my daily than I do on the rear, and it has been subtly bothering me. They are a very similar wheel, but are still different. I've been rocking them for a year now. I have the matching wheels, just waiting for tires to put them on. Although I may ditch that set of wheels for something completely different... Time will tell.

If you're looking for an LSD, we carry MFactory in our eShop. As for the motor, good build choice! A built K20Z3 will have a great powerband to make boost with. #highrevving

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    I understand. Visual pleasures are a big aspect. I have different front wheels on my daily than I do on the rear, and it has been subtly bothering me. They are a very similar wheel, but are still different. I've been rocking them for a year now. I have the matching wheels, just waiting for tires to put them on. Although I may ditch that set of wheels for something completely different... Time will tell.

If you're looking for an LSD, we carry MFactory in our eShop. As for the motor, good build choice! A built K20Z3 will have a great powerband to make boost with. #highrevving
    Yea the wheels are just a different style than what I'm into and they style I'm going for with the car right now.

I'm just gonna redo the transmission and replace what's broken. And maybe put different 5th and 6th keeping it oem. New clutch as well. Then I will start parting together a custom turbo kit.

And I'll boost the k24a2 while build the hell out of the k20z3. It will be under 10psi just to keep it as reliable as possible.

Feedback Score
    This thing is doing great at the moment.

Purchased a new amp and almost half of the parts for the custom 3" exhaust among some other stuff for ***** and giggles. Will have some pics posted up as more progress is made.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Purchased a new amp and almost half of the parts for the custom 3" exhaust among some other stuff for ***** and giggles. Will have some pics posted up as more progress is made.
    Good news! Looking forward to it

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Pics of amp and exhaust goodies!!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    I will take pics today and the rest should be here in like 2 weeks.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast