Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member! K20A Ep3 431whp street car!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skthompson16 View Post
    Loving the radio delete plate! where did you put your battery? im looking to battery relocation and im looking at ideas?
    Thanx man. The battery is actually directly behind the passenger side seat. Put it there to make it easier to disconnect if I need to. Eventually I will invest in a smaller race battery and make a custom bracket to hold it in place. If you look closely at some of the pics you can kinda see it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet_Ep3 View Post
    Thanx man. The battery is actually directly behind the passenger side seat. Put it there to make it easier to disconnect if I need to. Eventually I will invest in a smaller race battery and make a custom bracket to hold it in place. If you look closely at some of the pics you can kinda see it.
    I just went and looked yea i can see it in a couple pics. its a really good place man.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by builtfa5ftw View Post
    I just went and looked yea i can see it in a couple pics. its a really good place man.
    Yea it's almost like having a battery on/off switch. Except I have a quick release battery terminal so I can quickly get it off if I need to since it's easy to reach.
    Last edited by SilverBullet_Ep3; 12-27-2014 at 04:13 AM.

Feedback Score
    Yea it's almost like having a battery on/off switch. Except I have a quick release battery terminal so I can quickly get it off if I need to since it's easy to reach.
    yea I feel ya I might relocate mine to like the center console when I'm all race car'ed out

Feedback Score
    Word! I see it hiding in there now! That's a good idea because it kinda centralizes its location, so you can route power to anything

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skthompson16 View Post
    Word! I see it hiding in there now! That's a good idea because it kinda centralizes its location, so you can route power to anything
    Yea pretty much lol

Feedback Score
    Got bored at work so I decided to post a few build pics of the build after boosting the ITR motor and grenading it lol Thought about a build thread but realized I don't have many pics so here ya go... Enjoy

Old setup being pulled out:

Talking to my Engine Builder after we took it apart and found out the cause of the motor blowing:

The cause

The block all cleaned up and ready for assembly:

Head ported and polished:

All Honda OEM parts were used for the Chains, Tensioners,guides, etc:

Block assembled and ready:

The day it was finally ready for me to take home and put it back in the Bullet... I was'nt excited at all lol

Back at my garage the Turbo,Manifold, and Throttle body painting to match using High temp Engine paint. OEM+

Clutch Masters Stage 4 clutch used:

Working through the night with the help of a great friend to get the final assembly and motor put into the car:

Final assembly stages:

Worked through the night and got her done:

All done and ready to be tuned by the man himself Yosolo:

A few things had to be cleaned up but the finished results were posted on page one of this thread. Huge thanks to My girl Kathy, her father, and her engine builder for helping me finish this project. Without these three this build would still be sitting. Hope you all enjoyed. Stay tuned for more pics once the summer comes back around. Thank you

Feedback Score
    Nice man.
    I like progression type of posts. So who did you port and polish head?
    do you plan on upgrading your manifold?
    I'll be updating mine tomorrow I'm going to my car to try and finish up getting it ready to move to my brothers shop to finish everything.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by builtfa5ftw View Post
    Nice man.
    I like progression type of posts. So who did you port and polish head?
    do you plan on upgrading your manifold?
    I'll be updating mine tomorrow I'm going to my car to try and finish up getting it ready to move to my brothers shop to finish everything.
    The head was done by my engine builder Larry at Pro-Motion Race Engines located in East Hanover NJ. The guy does insane work. He does everything himself. A one man team. As far as the manifold goes I would like to upgrade it at some point. I leaning towards the Skunk2 Ultra series manifold and paired up with a 70mm TB and Drag Cartel cams. but that'll be later on. I'm happy with the power the car makes now and I'm spinning through 1st, 2nd, (pretty much non existant) lol and a lil in 3rd so I dunno if its even worth it. lol I guess time will tell. Keep me posted when you post up new pics.

Feedback Score
    i will man i updated the "progression post" with new goodies. and tomorrow ill have current pics of my car

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast