Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6

Thread: Turbo K20z1 EG hatch

Feedback Score
    Is that Mishimoto a full size rad ? the half rads work in cooler temps but it will be a problem or at least it was for me in temps above 80 or so the thing ran hot especially after beating on it.I have only been able to keep the temps in check with a full size rad in the summertime. I just looked and don't have any pics of the bungs on my oil pan but mine are above the oil drain plug near the top of the back of the oil pan .oh btw nice chassis !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubkilla View Post
    Is that Mishimoto a full size rad ? the half rads work in cooler temps but it will be a problem or at least it was for me in temps above 80 or so the thing ran hot especially after beating on it.I have only been able to keep the temps in check with a full size rad in the summertime. I just looked and don't have any pics of the bungs on my oil pan but mine are above the oil drain plug near the top of the back of the oil pan .oh btw nice chassis !
    You have an eg as well? I'm having the same problem!! I hooked up my tuner view and noticed the day of honda day I drove there and sitting and idling the car broke 210 degrees. That's why I was considering opting for the spal fan. I thought it was that. Especially I've seen so many people with half core rads on k swapped cars. But I do need to take consideration of the sleeved block as well. Mmmmhh... interesting I might consider a full rad than if I can fit it. Lol any options ?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuBBaSBuBBLE View Post
    You have an eg as well? I'm having the same problem!! I hooked up my tuner view and noticed the day of honda day I drove there and sitting and idling the car broke 210 degrees. That's why I was considering opting for the spal fan. I thought it was that. Especially I've seen so many people with half core rads on k swapped cars. But I do need to take consideration of the sleeved block as well. Mmmmhh... interesting I might consider a full rad than if I can fit it. Lol any options ?
    Yes I have an eg and I have tried many methods from 160 t stats to no t stat the only thing that kept me cool with a mishi half rad was a giant and I mean Giant 2100 cfm fan on a half rad .I also tried a tucked rad and it was worse and did not keep the engine cool like I was told it would .I ended up going full size and you can put several different full size rads in it .Hybrid racing sells the Griffin radiators and those things are sweet and will cure heating issues due to undersized radiators .I am sure you could make a lot of rads work with mounting tabs from k tuned and then you may have to find the right hoses by going to the local auto parts store and checking out the selection of hoses to get the right ones that will work if you dont wanna go all out with the griffin rad from hybrid as they are expensive .

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6