Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 5090100110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1230

Thread: None of our cars actually drive and half of us aren't boosted *Chat*

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    lmk folks what yall think
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    Was a nice video. I had quite a hard time getting the gopro program thing to work for me. It would convert the video for me, to a youtube acceptable file type, yet whenever I uploaded it didn't want to work. Yet the raw file straight from the camera uploaded to youtube just fine. What did you use to edit the video?

Also, what are you guys thoughts on the newer 5.0 mustangs? I test drove a 2013 yesterday and was rather impressed with the power for a stock car. The interior could use quite a bit of work, but I did like the way it drove.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ryaano18 View Post
    Yea that 500 dollar price tag... GoPro must think they have a monopoly going on. You would think they would try to stay competitive but they do have bad ass quality. And at least hero 3+ black came with a remote. From what i read you have to buy it separate for $80, no matter if you buy the highest model 4.

Not gonna lie, their teaser commercial was amazing. I think Google and Samsung can and might come out with something amazing, but GoPro is a dedicated company to one specific product whilst google and samsung seem more like they just want to have their hand in every electronic part. But only time will tell
    Yea the price rate increase was crazy, no remote and an extra $100 jump, thats really like charging an extra $180 SMH.

But true the commercials are like DAMNNNNNN but then again there not shooting actual footage. All that is getting shot in RAW mode and being edited to hell and back before posting it up lol. I know GoPro is dedicated to just cameras that's why there so nice but the same time only reason I know Google could drop some fire is because they have 100x more money to dump into a product research and development than GoPro. All im hoping is they drop a smaller and cheaper product that shoots close to what the GoPro does.

Quote Originally Posted by monjarassi View Post
    OH SNAP!!!!! Thats black EK with the boosted K-swap be fucking up them GTR's and vettes on the tx2k14 video

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aLmk View Post
    Was a nice video. I had quite a hard time getting the gopro program thing to work for me. It would convert the video for me, to a youtube acceptable file type, yet whenever I uploaded it didn't want to work. Yet the raw file straight from the camera uploaded to youtube just fine. What did you use to edit the video?

Also, what are you guys thoughts on the newer 5.0 mustangs? I test drove a 2013 yesterday and was rather impressed with the power for a stock car. The interior could use quite a bit of work, but I did like the way it drove.
    Have you tried editing through sony vegas??

And honestly I'm a 100% ford hater...... But giving credit where its due that's a fucking badass monster for the money and power and handling. I mean my moms got the 08 gt500 and the car is a complete POS. But the new 5.0's are nothing to mess with period. I mean bolt ons and tune your at 500hp, who can say shit about that lol lol lol

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 02civic629 View Post
    Have you tried editing through sony vegas??

And honestly I'm a 100% ford hater...... But giving credit where its due that's a fucking badass monster for the money and power and handling. I mean my moms got the 08 gt500 and the car is a complete POS. But the new 5.0's are nothing to mess with period. I mean bolt ons and tune your at 500hp, who can say shit about that lol lol lol
    I have not, I really haven't messed with editing videos much at all.

Yea I've never been a ford or even really a mustang fan. I always liked the look of the late 60s fast back mustangs, but that was about it. But ford finally got the engine right with this new 5.0, an actually DOHC v8 with variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust, that's more advanced than the vtc on the k20s... For a stock car that's a bit heavier than my civic, it was almost as quick, and felt better starting off in 1st thanks to rwd and wider tires. Granted my civic with slicks at the track feels far faster, but you drive on the street much more than the track, and that's something to consider imo. And like you said a few simple, cheap, and still reliable mods and you have an insanely fast car. A few years ago when the 5.0s first came out, a guy at the track was running consistent 11.5s at 121-122 with just simple bolt ons and slicks if my memory is correct. That's so much more reliable than my civic ever could be... The gear box felt really good as well, and the pedal placement was pretty decent. I sat in a camaro ss and I think the pedal placement was better in that car, but it required the strength of god to get the gear lever into reverse, total turn off for me.... I'm hoping to test drive several cars before winter is full blown here, wanting to try out several different platforms like sti, evo, bmw 1 series, brz/frs... Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gopro program is easy and fast to work with.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score

Yea I've never been a ford or even really a mustang fan. I always liked the look of the late 60s fast back mustangs, but that was about it. But ford finally got the engine right with this new 5.0, an actually DOHC v8 with variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust, that's more advanced than the vtc on the k20s... For a stock car that's a bit heavier than my civic, it was almost as quick, and felt better starting off in 1st thanks to rwd and wider tires. Granted my civic with slicks at the track feels far faster, but you drive on the street much more than the track, and that's something to consider imo. And like you said a few simple, cheap, and still reliable mods and you have an insanely fast car. A few years ago when the 5.0s first came out, a guy at the track was running consistent 11.5s at 121-122 with just simple bolt ons and slicks if my memory is correct. That's so much more reliable than my civic ever could be... The gear box felt really good as well, and the pedal placement was pretty decent. I sat in a camaro ss and I think the pedal placement was better in that car, but it required the strength of god to get the gear lever into reverse, total turn off for me.... I'm hoping to test drive several cars before winter is full blown here, wanting to try out several different platforms like sti, evo, bmw 1 series, brz/frs... Any other suggestions are appreciated.
    You will be disappointed with the BRZ/FRS. The power is just not there and it costs way to much currently to make much more. I drove one and they handle great they are just slow as balls.

Master Member
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
    You will be disappointed with the BRZ/FRS. The power is just not there and it costs way to much currently to make much more. I drove one and they handle great they are just slow as balls.
    Ya I am expecting the power to be quite lack luster. But for my next venture I am just as much interested in something that handles great as I am interested in power. Something like the frs/brz or an s2000 would be a great car for learning proper driving technique in a rwd platform.

Feedback Score

Trust me it hurts to say it but ford nailed it with the new 5.0 mustang, engine is on point, handling is nice, shifting and clutch are honestly perfectly and you couldn't ask for better. But the camaro ss meh I wasn't a fan at all compared to the mustang, mustang walked it in my rating my a mile. Sti and evo have plenty info on them. BMW 1 series aren't bad starting platforms for a nice street/road car. I haven't driven a stock one but only my boys modded ones and I do like the car, handling is on point and plenty power to get yourself in trouble if pretty modded. But to me it seems they are always having problems with them (maybe beamer problems lol) but idk who knows. Brz and Frs don't waste your time. Only other cars in the top of my book are the new M3's I think the sound of those really won me over by far. Another of my sleepers is the c63 amg benz, I love those cars, power is outta this world and it corners like a damn racecar but its a 4dr luxury car lol. Last on the list is the 370z, my best friends got one (bolt ons, suspension, brakes, tires, etc) so I spend some time behind the seat and even got track time at VIR and Summit Point. Car handles damn great and for a simple build it will do everything you need it to do and still look great doing it. Plus its a nissan so you know the reliability level is up there pretty high.

Quote Originally Posted by Turpid Porpoise View Post
    ^^^ This 100%...... Car handles damn near great for stock car, but when you punch it the power is no where near there.

Ya I am expecting the power to be quite lack luster. But for my next venture I am just as much interested in something that handles great as I am interested in power. Something like the frs/brz or an s2000 would be a great car for learning proper driving technique in a rwd platform.
    My roommate has an s2k (ap2) I get to cut up in quite often and honestly I love the car. Its not built or anything crazy either, just intake, exhaust, coils, sways, and a beefy ass rear diff (yes he drifts it on the street all the time and killed the stock diff hahaha). But just like that the car is a shit ton of fun to drive. Is it the most practical for everyday no not at all but when it comes down to you, the car, and the road you will not have any more fun in a simple car like that period.

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    well fp took a shit

Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 5090100110 ... LastLast