Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast

Thread: IAC Valve w/ V-TEC Killer Setup - Q & A

Feedback Score

Cool IAC Valve w/ V-TEC Killer Setup - Q & A

So a friend of mine and I have been discussing several options at making my car a bit more streetable, due to the vtec killer head setup, the idle is a bit wacky and it won’t stay on idle by itself for too long before it richens out and turns off. Now it takes it about a minute or so for it to do that but anyways. We’ve discussed the possibility of installing an IAC Valve to allow for a better idle control.

I’m open to opinions! So far the most popular idea is to swap out the K24A1 Head and go with a K20A2 Head, but I’m reserving that for the motor I’m building after this one, since this motor was literally built from left over K Parts from my all motor build. Thanks again guys!!!

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dkpr87 View Post
    So a friend of mine and I have been discussing several options at making my car a bit more streetable, due to the vtec killer head setup, the idle is a bit wacky and it won’t stay on idle by itself for too long before it richens out and turns off. Now it takes it about a minute or so for it to do that but anyways. We’ve discussed the possibility of installing an IAC Valve to allow for a better idle control.

I’m open to opinions! So far the most popular idea is to swap out the K24A1 Head and go with a K20A2 Head, but I’m reserving that for the motor I’m building after this one, since this motor was literally built from left over K Parts from my all motor build. Thanks again guys!!!
    [MENTION=40]monjarassi[/MENTION] should be able to chime in since i believe he had vtec killer on a k24 head before
    Need Parts? Click HERE

Wanna learn some wiring?
    Click HERE

PM me for wiring supplies and inquiries

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So yea I'm here .

Yessirre I did a vtec killer on a k24a1 head once, no iacv too, took a bit of tuning to get her to idle rite
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    She idles pretty good, it's the after WOT idle, like after a couple of Pulls she gets a bit wacky on the idle you know what I mean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I hear ya same here, what's the warm idle set.too?
    And 2.4 head out flows a a2 head stock for.stock
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

Feedback Score
    That's a good question, I'll check it out next time I'm in the car, hopefully that'll shed some light on that issue.

Yea I know, that's the reason I reeeeeaaaally want to keep the A1 head, and the power band is soooooooo smooth too so :-/ yea, definitely trying to make this an efficient car if you know what I mean

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    Even if you install the IACV you can control how hard it works. On my car we were having idle issues after pulls also... so we lowered the IACV duty cycle and just controlled the idle in kpro
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Vtec killer setups dang idle at 1k set it at 1200 rpm

Feedback Score
    The idle is set at 1.2k right now, it sits around 1k-1.4k and hot it goes in between 1.4-1.7 at times

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ummmm weird.

Yea an iacv will be helpful cause u can electronically with kpro either higher of lower.

But yea iacv deletes can be a hit or miss at times.

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast