Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast

Thread: 420Coupes R18 241 whp / 231 wtq @ 7.6 lbs

Feedback Score

420Coupes R18 241 whp / 231 wtq @ 7.6 lbs

So turbo smoking and I'm at half oil, any ideas what this can be besides blown seals ?

Still building boost it was after driving pretty hard temps where normal about half way. Now when I stopped I noticed it smoking but no leaks and it's the hot side smoking not cold side? I'm thinking I'm low on oil and it's hitting to high a temp yet the temp gauge isn't reading high

Feedback Score
    The hot side is what actually burns oil, Just the one side can blow, you might not have any oil in the charge pipes. If you pull your downpipe if you see burnt oil running down inside of it then its a pretty damn clear indication.

Formerly "Adm_rsx"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: 420Coupes R18 241 whp / 231 wtq @ 7.6 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    The hot side is what actually burns oil, Just the one side can blow, you might not have any oil in the charge pipes. If you pull your downpipe if you see burnt oil running down inside of it then its a pretty damn clear indication.
    On my 2chainz....TRUUU

s4 IG-petefromthestreets
    Tire slayer
    Breaking everything since 2011

Feedback Score

Quote Originally Posted by snizzletoff View Post
    It's the seals at the bottom of the turbo near the return it leaks but very little amount. It was smoking cause blanket was soaking it up and smoking. Stopped as soon as I removed the blanket. Still leaking but ~300 miles and dipstick hadn't moved down. So it's barely dripping but still dripping need to get it rebuilt or new seals rather.

Feedback Score
    UPDATE****

Car is currently at Perky Performance in Gransbury, TX. Taking this bitch to the next level only to find out NEVER got custom valves, still have stock valves inside, fucking base fuel press 20 psi under what it is stock, cracked bowl for cyl 1 in the head, barely any work was done to the HEAD.. the list goes on. Having Endyn see how much they can pull out of the head definitely excited for results. Upgraded fuel pump to the 400 lph Walbro.

ONLY Good news i had was that i didnt blow my turbo!! just shitty made oil return lines once again thanks to the shitbags over at JOTECH Kissimmee not the REAL BAWLERS IN TX.

Also have a New toy the K23 Acura RDX SH-AWD shits fun cant wait to get hands on in tuning and tweaking!

Boostaholic
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Dang sucks a shop did that kind of work.
    Using promo code "SPOOLBUS" @ checkout when shopping in the eshop will save you money!!

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow. This is serious man, and congrats post pics of the RDX! Toss a BoostedK20 decal in dat bish u can start the club!

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score
    Too late totaled the RDX back in November

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
    Too late totaled the RDX back in November

What are you driving now?

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

Feedback Score

And we're just starting! we had a successful start to testing on the ‪‎VitTuned‬ Honda Civic R18 running our custom VitTuned MoTec‬ ‪M150‬ firmware package. The fuel system couldn't keep up and I had to cut the testing short, but everything went very smooth otherwise -- made 410hp & 330tq on 22psi of boost using an old PTE 5757 turbocharger (with a 2.5" downpipe at that).

The MoTeC firmware package we've developed brings a lot to what has been an otherwise neglected platform -- anti lag, closed loop boost control, boost by gear, closed loop lambda control w/ an LSU 4.9 wideband sensor (accurate even for full time closed loop in boost!), launch control, traction control, flat foot shift, rolling antilag... the list of features just goes on! We'll be demoing some of the features after we get the fuel system upgraded to handle big power on this platform.

When an R18 sounds more savage than your K series.

View: https://youtu.be/MapKOuxBM5k

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 919 ... LastLast