Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Triple Monitor 5760x1080p Computer Build

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Nice specs, looks to be a promising build! I like the idea and effort. I'm going to be adding a second monitor (currently have and adding an Acer P186H) and adding a video card, but that's far from what you're doing. Honestly, I'd like to see liquid cooling and how you'd go about it! Just toss a fan and a W2A intercooler, it'll work great!

Repped

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    Nice specs, looks to be a promising build! I like the idea and effort. I'm going to be adding a second monitor (currently have and adding an Acer P186H) and adding a video card, but that's far from what you're doing. Honestly, I'd like to see liquid cooling and how you'd go about it! Just toss a fan and a W2A intercooler, it'll work great!

Repped
    Thanks! lmao i think w2a might be a little overkill! Im pretty sure i won't need water cooling since i shouldnt have to overclock the cpu, it would be more of worst case scenario. But probably will get an upgraded fan until im able to check temps when the computer is up and running

Feedback Score
    I do some gaming, but a lot of streaming to twitch from my xbox360 and some editting. I dont play any of the high graphic games like battlefield though.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmenjoi33 View Post
    I do some gaming, but a lot of streaming to twitch from my xbox360 and some editting. I dont play any of the high graphic games like battlefield though.
    Gotcha, well you have a solid platform if you ever needed to upgrade!

Feedback Score
    Yeah I just upgraded some of the fans in the case to draw the warm air out. I used 2 corsair 140s and 2 160s along with the 3 that came with the case. Lol its overkill but the cpu does go over 90 degrees and a mobo stays high 70s and this is during full 720p streaming.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmenjoi33 View Post
    Yeah I just upgraded some of the fans in the case to draw the warm air out. I used 2 corsair 140s and 2 160s along with the 3 that came with the case. Lol its overkill but the cpu does go over 90 degrees and a mobo stays high 70s and this is during full 720p streaming.
    Well 90 degrees is not bad at all for the cpu, actually thats pretty chill lol, i think they are rated up to 150F~ continuous heat if I remember correctly. But going over kill on the fans never hurt anything lol

Feedback Score
    Well picked up some cash from a bag install I did so I had some extra cash to get some more parts! Woo!!!

Corsair HX850 Power Supply. This thing should power everything I need for a looooooooooooongggggg time!

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB Ram Cards (2x4GB). Man I forgot how expensive Ram is, glad i don't do photo editing!

and a standard nothing fancy blue ray optical drive if i ever decide to watch a movie on the computer.

So all that is left is my Graphics card and the monitors and then i can start assembly!

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome! That's great, I love the speedy progress. How beefy of a video card? I need a good one for a slim tower myself.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoostedK20 View Post
    Awesome! That's great, I love the speedy progress. How beefy of a video card? I need a good one for a slim tower myself.
    yea trying to finish this computer by the beginning of March so i can get back to the RSX. And for this computer I'm going to need a pretty beefy card which is holding me back because they are so expensive for the one i need.

What are you building the computer for? I could give you a few options on what to look for

Feedback Score
    Well the computer build is nearing completion! Cant wait to load up the Operating System!

Started assembling the computer on Saturday. I wanted to wait until I had the GPU but i probably won't be getting it until next weekend or so. In the mean I might as well put everything to together so the GPU will just plug right in!

I did pick up a Solid State Drive though just out of curiosity since i never used a computer with one before

This thing is super sleek, its only 120GB since I dont know if its completely worth the cost to have a really large SSD

So I started with the Mother Board, plugged up the Processor

Then the Ram

Then threw everything in the case with the power supply and gave it quick wire tuck

The two loose wires at the bottom are for the Graphics card(s). Still not sure if ima run two or just one but i left them both out for now until I decide. But other than that, the computer is just about complete!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast