Thread: My View of Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My View of Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI)

First off, I want to make it clear that NO ONE asked me to do this. Not Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI), not BoostedK20 Staff - no one.

I also receive PM's from people quite often with questions pertaining to their setup, and I'm always happy to help! Recently, one person (who shall remain nameless) brought something to my attention. While asking about fuel parts, I mentioned SFI and the user replied that he didn't want to use them. When I asked why, he said he hasn't used them but he thinks they're prices are too cheap and he doesn't want to risk his car. Rather than reassure him, I did some research online to get my facts straight: I watched some videos, read a bunch of articles, and I came up with some points I'd like to share with the community.

I'd like to take note of this first: Southbay Fuel Injectors has an absolutely awesome staff, and phenomenal customer service. Frank and Julie ([MENTION=1016]SouthBay Fuel Injectors[/MENTION]) are genuine, knowledgeable people. Ask one question or a million questions - they're very kind and happy to inform you every step of the way. I have personally dealt with them on multiple occasions. Friends (both online and local) of mine have dealt with them many times. I spoke to Chris Miller about them a few months back. Once I said Southbay, his face lit up! He had nothing but the best things to say about them.

Next, I was at MIR for the Import vs Domestic World Cup Finals (with [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION], [MENTION=49]boosted_teg[/MENTION], [MENTION=878]civicgrl89[/MENTION], [MENTION=233]bodyman[/MENTION], [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION], [MENTION=155]wannavtec[/MENTION], [MENTION=287]bulliedog[/MENTION], [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION], and many others; AWESOME WEEKEND) on November 3rd, 2013. That was the day that Cruz Motorsports/Nitro Performance set the true street record of 8.72 @ 170.9mph. It was nuts! Oh, and they were using 2200cc SouthBay Fuel Injectors. Go figure!

We're all used to paying a pretty penny for injector sets from well-known companies, even with a hook up. Well, check out this video of an SFI 1000cc injector vs a 1000cc injector from a very well-known competitor:

Last, but not least: They have an awesome facility! I had the privilege of meeting them and taking a full tour of their facility. They have literally everything they'd need, and then some!

For those of you that skimmed through this, here are the short notes:
    1. SFI has an awesome staff and phenomenal customer service.
    2. Cruz Motorsports/Nitro Performance set the true street record of 8.72 @170.9mph - using SFI 2200cc injectors.
    3. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_-39FD5eU
    4. SFI has an awesome facility.

Now you know!
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 01-29-2014 at 11:18 AM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!