Thread: My View of Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI)

I <3 Purpul Shocker
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

My View of Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI)

First off, I want to make it clear that NO ONE asked me to do this. Not Southbay Fuel Injectors (SFI), not BoostedK20 Staff - no one.

I also receive PM's from people quite often with questions pertaining to their setup, and I'm always happy to help! Recently, one person (who shall remain nameless) brought something to my attention. While asking about fuel parts, I mentioned SFI and the user replied that he didn't want to use them. When I asked why, he said he hasn't used them but he thinks they're prices are too cheap and he doesn't want to risk his car. Rather than reassure him, I did some research online to get my facts straight: I watched some videos, read a bunch of articles, and I came up with some points I'd like to share with the community.

I'd like to take note of this first: Southbay Fuel Injectors has an absolutely awesome staff, and phenomenal customer service. Frank and Julie ([MENTION=1016]SouthBay Fuel Injectors[/MENTION]) are genuine, knowledgeable people. Ask one question or a million questions - they're very kind and happy to inform you every step of the way. I have personally dealt with them on multiple occasions. Friends (both online and local) of mine have dealt with them many times. I spoke to Chris Miller about them a few months back. Once I said Southbay, his face lit up! He had nothing but the best things to say about them.

Next, I was at MIR for the Import vs Domestic World Cup Finals (with [MENTION=56]PetefromtheStreets[/MENTION], [MENTION=49]boosted_teg[/MENTION], [MENTION=878]civicgrl89[/MENTION], [MENTION=233]bodyman[/MENTION], [MENTION=83]vdubkilla[/MENTION], [MENTION=155]wannavtec[/MENTION], [MENTION=287]bulliedog[/MENTION], [MENTION=921]Frostydc5[/MENTION], and many others; AWESOME WEEKEND) on November 3rd, 2013. That was the day that Cruz Motorsports/Nitro Performance set the true street record of 8.72 @ 170.9mph. It was nuts! Oh, and they were using 2200cc SouthBay Fuel Injectors. Go figure!

We're all used to paying a pretty penny for injector sets from well-known companies, even with a hook up. Well, check out this video of an SFI 1000cc injector vs a 1000cc injector from a very well-known competitor:

Last, but not least: They have an awesome facility! I had the privilege of meeting them and taking a full tour of their facility. They have literally everything they'd need, and then some!

For those of you that skimmed through this, here are the short notes:
    1. SFI has an awesome staff and phenomenal customer service.
    2. Cruz Motorsports/Nitro Performance set the true street record of 8.72 @170.9mph - using SFI 2200cc injectors.
    3. Watch this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8_-39FD5eU
    4. SFI has an awesome facility.

Now you know!
    Last edited by Si Speed 317; 01-29-2014 at 11:18 AM.

"As I lay rubber down to street, I pray for traction I can keep. But if I spin and begin to slide, please oh please protect my ride."

One-off SRT Top Mount Manifold - GT3076R
    My Ruckus Build

2.    Sponsored Links

3. Become a Free Registered Member and Remove This Ad!

Super Moderator
    Feedback Score
    very cool. Watched the video. I will show to a friend who I'm building for. We are in need of injectors
    Available now are SPAZ APPROVED decals!!! Available in multiple colors!

Need parts?! Check out our eShop and let me know! We can help you out!
    http://boostedk20.com/eshop/

Junior Member SouthBay Fuel Injectors's Avatar
    Feedback Score
    Let me begin by saying thank you to Si Speed 317 for the thumbs up.
    This is a first,, our injectors are "too cheap"?? well then I guess I should double my prices and maybe then people will be happy and more comfortable using them if they have to pay double for the same injectors.
    This person, whoever it is, should take a look at our website and our pricing, I am sorry that he feels this way. Our pricing is competitive within the industry...except ID as I think their prices are a little outrageous,, but that's just my opinion. People think that there are "magical injectors" out there that are different from everyone elses.that are supposedly "made" by a particular company. Just an FYI to everyone, WE ALL use the same exact injector no company out there makes there own. Anyway,,, whatever. We just try our best and enjoy working with all of our customers and try to supply them with whatever they need. If any of you ever have any questions our shop is a walk in shop. Come down anytime or give us a call. Hope to meet some of you at the events. Sorry for any misguided information.
    Oh, and by the way, this person should know that we not only sponsor Nitro Performance, but we have
    11 other cars that we sponsor as well and they are all extremely happy with our injectors.
    Can't wait for the 2014 season! Good luck to anyone who will be competing
    Last edited by SouthBay Fuel Injectors; 01-29-2014 at 11:51 AM.

BoostedK20.com Founder

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Don't forget their spray patterns video!

Great write up, Si Speed 317. [MENTION=1016]SouthBay Fuel Injectors[/MENTION] really are a great, honest company.
    Last edited by BoostedK20; 01-29-2014 at 12:13 PM.

Need parts for your k-series setup? Check out our eShop! Click Here

For all your eShop support needs:BoostedK20.com eShop Support Forum

Feedback Score
    I am sponsored by [MENTION=1016]SouthBay Fuel Injectors[/MENTION] and am soooo happy with them. And it's even better that Julie and Frank are the nicest most down to earth people. They are there for any questions and and just great people all around. I wouldn't ask for any better sponsor, can't wait to rock SFI pink decals on my car 2014!!

K SERIES QUEEN 👑🔰🚦🚗

Feedback Score
    This is Julie......Thank you so much K.! It's very easy to sponsor teams that are made up of awesome people. It's OUR pleasure. I'm waiting to see how the pink decals look on your car. Hope we're going to break some records this year!!! You need to show everyone how it's done.
    Counting down the days for the first event. Have a feeling this is going to be an exciting year!
    Last edited by SouthBay Fuel Injectors; 02-08-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Feedback Score
    I just got the decals from Brian today, I loveeeee them! I love the pink I can't wait til Honda day! Pistons and rods are on their way to my house, cars on the road to recovery! Can't wait to see you guys

K SERIES QUEEN 👑🔰🚦🚗

Feedback Score
    I'm glad you like them! We can't wait to see you guys either. I'm already trying to get some booth space for Atco!
    Say hi to everyone for us!

Feedback Score
    Will do

K SERIES QUEEN 👑🔰🚦🚗